Ipsy July 2015 Review!


Hey there! My Ipsy Glam bag came the first week of July, but I've been putting off doing a review because it was just so boring for me this month. There were few things in my bag that excited me at all, really.  Hopefully next month will be better. The thing about Ipsy is that I rarely ever receive anything that "wows" me. The stuff is nice, and I like trying out new brands and if I'm honest, I have received some great things that I really enjoyed. But I think that the $10 price tag is was keeps me subscribed; if it were any more expensive, I probably would have unsubbed so long ago.  But here's to hoping that I get something better next month!

What is Ipsy?
Ipsy is a $10 a month makeup and beauty subscription. Subscribers receive a Glam bag filled with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Each bag usually brings 4-6 products from top cosmetic brands, and they can be anything from makeup to skincare to nail polish... you name it! When you fist sign up, you take a beauty quiz that helps them determine your preferences, and from there they'll send you products that they think you'll enjoy. There are a lot of variations in what is sent out, so you might see other subscribers get totally different products from you! 

image Coolway Beachy Salt Sprayimage

The first item I saw when I opened my Glam bag was this little spray tube of salt spray. It's made from dead sea salts and is meant to give you that scrunchy, tousled beach look while nourishing your hair. I'm not a fan of crunchy beach waves, so I was kind of bummed about receiving this. image It did make my hair more texturized, but it dried it out so much that it was a frizzy mess by the end of the day. Do not want. 

What Ipsy says:
"Perfect for creating beachy waves and natural styles with a non-sticky, matte finished look. Formulated with Dead Sea salts for additional mineral nourishment. 
  • Texturizes and separates hair for a natural, fresh-from-the-beach look 
  • Weightless formula for bouncy, flexible, wavy hair
  • Mineral rich formula consisting of Dead Sea salt for soothing and strengthening of the scalp and hair
image Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanserimage

This second item, the Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser, is exactly what the name suggests, a soap-free cleanser for the face. This actually works pretty well to remove makeup, and I'm all about quick solutions to taking off my makeup since I'm a lazy bum, so I'm actually really glad I got this! image This also helps prevent sebum production and protects against blemishes.

What Ipsy says:
"This deep penetrating, soap-free cleanser eliminates impurities and excess sebum without stripping the skin. With this triple action formula, including the patented active ingredient Glyceryl Laurate, sebum and oil production are inhibited and the bacteria responsible for blemishes is diminished, resulting in healthy, blemish-free skin."
  • Soap-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Suitable for sensitive skin
image Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in "Alarm Fire" image

This nail polish is what got me most excited about my Ipsy Glam bag this month! image I adore this polish! I wasn't too sure about the color when I first saw it, but after I applied it I just fell in love with it. It's a coral-y orange-red color, and it applies like a dream, and dries quickly to boot. Everyone who receives this polish will get this exact color. I used to get gel nails all the time, since my job didn't allow for fake nails and I hated the time it took to do my nails myself at home  (Except now I do them myself and save tons of money). While it doesn't have the exact feel and lasting time of gel nails, it still lasted longer than my regular nail polish and it looks a lot nicer. This is the product I was crossing my fingers for, and I'm super happy that I got it!


I'm not the best at painting my nails, but I don't have to be with this polish because it goes on so well. The color is bright and in your face, and I love it. Teenage me with her black and red nails would be so shocked right now. image 

What Ipsy says:
"Gel Effect Nail Polish is made with the pros of gel polish and regular polish. Like regular polish, it is easy and convenient to use and dries fast without a UV lamp. Like gel polish, it stays shiny and durable for up to two weeks. Finally, it can be easily removed with a nail polish remover. Talk about the best of both worlds!"

image Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner &
Crown Brush Professional Tweezersimage

The Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Eyeliner and Shadow was one of the duds of the box for me. It came in a shimmery brown color. While it's a pretty enough color, it didn't apply well, the formula was dry and it tugged at my eyelids, so I'm probably going to give this one away. image I like receiving eyeliners in subs, but only if they're high quality, and this one just isn't. 

Swatch!

What Ipsy says:
"This uniquely formulated crayon doubles as an eyeliner for thick, precise lines as well as a perfectly blended eye shadow."
  • Creamy texture with long lasting hold
  • Made with pure beeswax
  • 100% cruelty-free
The last item I received in my Glam bag was a pair of Crown Brush Professional Tweezers. These are professional grade tweezers, and they're pretty nice. Subscribers will either receive these in black or pink. I have my own pair of fancy-pants tweezers that I got at Sephora because I'm a wimp at plucking my eyebrows and like it to be as painless as possible. But these work just as well, so into my makeup bag they go! 

What Ipsy says:
"The stainless steel professional tweezers come complete with tips that are perfectly aligned, hand-filed at a 45 degree angle with carefully calculated tension."

image Final Verdictimage

Looking back, this month's Glam bag wasn't too bad. I really loved the Aurora nail polish, and the soap-free cleanser was interesting and fun since I've never tried a gel cleanser before! The tweezers are also high quality, and it never hurts to have more than one pair of fancy tweezers.デコメ image of Pic 3 out of 5 products isn't too bad for only $10! Plus I got the cute print bag. Deco-mail pictograms (no title) 

If you want to sign up for the glorious-ness that is Ipsy, you can do so OVER HERE! Take their style quiz, and then decide if you'd like to subscribe! It's definitely worth forking over $10 a month for.





Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon