Glossybox July 2015 Review & Unboxing!


Hi there! It's time for my first Glossybox review and unboxing! I was so excited to receive my Glossybox this month, and boy did it take it's sweet time getting to my doorstep. But it finally arrived, so I can't wait to dig in and see all the amazing goodies I've received! image


What is Glossybox?
Glossybox is a $21 monthly beauty subscription that sends a beautifully wrapped box containing 5-6 deluxe-sized products to your doorstep every month. It's a sort of more glamorous version of Boxycharm or Birchbox, and focuses on exclusive, high end brands.imageUpon signing up, you'll be prompted to fill out a beauty profile, so that way Glossybox can tailor to your specific beauty desires. You can also earn rewards in the form of "Glossydots" by reviewing the products you receive on their website, to earn a free box! (Every 1000 Glossydots gets you a free box.)

  Kueshi Anti-Cellulite Booster (Full Size: $22.60) 

The Kueshi Anti-Cellulite Booster is a smoothing body cream that claims to help combat cellulite as well as prevent any new cellulite from forming. I'm kind of bummed that this is one of the full sized items in the box, because I don't really believe cellulite creams do anything spectacular.  I feel like they're one of those "big talk" products that sell you the moon and tell you that they'll get rid of all your cellulite and then never deliver any results. But I'll still give this a try, who knows, I could be wrong! I think that's the fun in subscription boxes - getting to sample things I wouldn't normally try on my own.                                  
                                                                           
                                                              

The lotion has a sort of liquid-y consistency and has a very light, floral scent. It kind of tingled when I put it on.  This will take a while to see if it works or not, but for now, it's a good enough moisturizing lotion to have on hand!

What Glossybox says:
"Enriched with flavonoids from astragalus root that inhibit the formation of fat cells, this body smoother combats existing cellulite and prevents its formation. Other ingredients include extracts from butcher's broom to facilitate blood flow, lemon peel and goldenrod flower to reduce swelling."

 Face Stockholm Eye Pencil ($17) 

I received a Face Stockholm Eye Pencil in this pretty forest green color. I have black eyeliner pencils falling out of every crevice of my room, so I was excited to get a shade I haven't used before! Plus, green is one of my favorite colors.  


The eyeliner is nice and pigmented, and goes on easy without tugging or pulling. The staying power isn't top tier, but I have oily lids so I have yet to find an eyeliner that lasts well on me.  Maybe some day! But what is up with that $17 price tag?! I don't think I'd pay that much for this.

What Glossybox says:
"This highly pigmented eye pencil glides softly onto the skin without pulling, tugging, or dragging. Available in a selection of bold hues, it can be used to create looks that range from demure to dramatic, and is safe for the inside rim of the eye." 

 Naked Lips Organic Lip Balm ($5.50) &
Hey Honey! I Peel Good Creamy Honey Peel Cream (Full Size: $59) 

This lip balm is 100% natural and 99% organic! That's pretty good stuff for a lip balm. It's made with antioxidant-rich oils from different kinds of fruits and berries. Antioxidants are beneficial because they inhibit the oxidation of certain molecules, preventing free radicals and other biological aggressors from accelerating disease and aging. image This lip balm is so soft and smooth, although it doesn't taste like anything.

What Glossybox says:
"Featuring a nutritive blend of antioxidant-rich oils from some of the world's most powerful fruits and berries, this creamy balm is not only ultra protective of the delicate lip area, but it is also a sweet treat. Go on, lick your lips; it's good for you!"

Also included in this month's Glossybox is something I'm super excited about, the Hey Honey! I Peel Good peel cream! Everyone should have received this in their July Glossybox. It's a new exfoliating peel that is supposed to enhance elasticity and texture while moisturizing the skin. To use, you just massage a bit all over your face, leave in on for about 5-6 minutes while massaging it in, and then rinse off. I'm hoping this cream will help my dehydrated yet still oily skin. 

What Glossybox says:
"Promising to improve skin's elasticity and texture after even a single application, this innovative treatment provides a trio of benefits, including hydration, exfoliation, and protection. Another perk? The cream also reduces stretch marks and leaves behind a natural lipid barrier to protect skin."

 Sesha Skin Therapy Rejuvinating Anti-Wrinkle Mask ($9) 

I was kind of hoping to receive the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask because I'd heard such amazing reviews, but instead I got a Sesha Skin Therapy mask, which is great, too. image This is an anti-aging, rejuvinating mask that is supposed to soothe fine lines and wrinkles while also calming the skin. This is pretty pricey for a sheet mask (That $9 price tag) so I'm hoping this will make my skin look super fresh and soothed. image


Here is a photo of the ingredients list on the back of the package. I'm seeing things like peptides, Sodium Hyaluronic, and glycerin, so hopefully this mask works some wonders on my face.

What Glossybox says:
"Packed with nutrients, peptides, and botanical extracts, this anti-aging instant effect mask not only smoothes fine lines and wrinkles, but also calms skin's reaction to environmental aggressors. Leave on for 15-30 minutes and massage in the remaining residue to pump up the plumping effect!"

 Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask (Full Size: $118) 

For those whose first box was July's, they received a sample of Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask. I was super excited about this; I was initially putting off subbing to Glossybox, but when I found out they were included a tube of this black rose cream mask, I said "to hell with it" and subscribed. This mask is enriched with anti-aging active ingredients formulated to instantly provide skin with a youthful and energized appearance. image It has a bunch of good-for-your-skin ingredients such as black rose, PadinaPavonica, and Alekekengi Calyx extracts to rejuvenate skin and restore vitality. This cream has a light, floral fragrance and is super creamy, and to use you just apply a generous amount to the face and leave on for 15-20 minutes, then wipe clean with a tissue or cotton pad. image The only downside is that this is so pricey. The average price I've found it to be online is around $118 for 2.1 ounces. This stuff is worth its weight in gold. 

 Final Verdict 

I really like my first Glossybox! It had a lot of really good quality products, and I'll be using everything in this box. It's nice receiving products from higher-end sellers, and Glossybox is an easy way to see what new high quality products are circulating the market. The three skincare items have ingredients that I like, and the eyeliner is a color I don't have so I'm happy about that! When I first opened this box, I have to admit I wasn't too excited about its contents, particularly the cellulite cream, but after reviewing it I do have to say it's a good box and I liked it a lot. image

If you want to receive a Glossybox of your own every month, you can sign up for a subscription OVER HERE. Shipping is free within the US, and they deliver to 10 different countries! You can use the code COSMO to save 20% on your first box!



Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon