Boxycharm July 2015 Review & Unboxing!


Hey everyone! This month has been crazy; between house hunting and getting ready to move, a full time course load, and infinitely many subscription boxes, I haven't had a lot of time on my hands. Luckily, the semester is drawing to a close and I'll have a three week break, so that should give me more than enough time to relax and go do things other than work. This is my first month receiving a box from Boxycharm, and I'm super excited to write this review! There were so many awesome, practical items in this month's box, and there wasn't anything that I didn't end up liking! 

What is Boxycharm?
Boxycharm is a $21 a month beauty and makeup subscription service. Each month, subscribers will receive 4-5 full size beauty products, which can range anywhere from cosmetics and skincare to hair products or nail care. Boxycharm is a lot like Glossybox, but Boxycharm is more makeup-heavy, so if you're stuck between the two but prefer more makeup products, Boxycharm might be your best bet!

The theme for July is "Summertime Radness".
"Greetings from Miami! This July we're bringing the heat to you! So, keep it cool, grab your bathing suit, and let's lounge by the pool because we've got that summertime radness!"

...Okay, Boxycharm. We get the Lana Del Rey reference. It's kind of cheesy. Also, I don't need you to bring me anymore heat, I already live in Miami and it's hot enough. 

First impression! Everything is packaged in pretty pink paper.

The info card that came inside, fully explaining all of the products!

 MDMflow Greater Than Mascara (€21/$23.22) 

I ooh-ed and ahh-ed over this as soon as I opened my box! The packaging is so pretty, the photo doesn't do it any justice. This mascara was apparently created by a Cosmetics Science graduate who wanted her own brand of mascara. I love seeing products from outside of the US being featured in subscription boxes, and this product is London-based, so I thought that was pretty cool.  


This is a standard black mascara with a standard black brush-type wand (which I prefer over those weird plastic wands that show up a lot in drugstore mascaras). The one problem I had with this mascara is that it looks so natural. Like, too natural. If you love the look of natural makeup, then you'll love this, but I prefer long, dark, voluminous lashes, so this was a little bit of a letdown. 

 Vasanti Professional Blush Brush ($29) 

*Infinite heart eyes* Yesss. I'm so happy I got this! This brush is so incredibly soft and feels really high quality. And I'm glad I didn't have to pay the $29 price tag on this! I can never have enough makeup brushes. Okay, confession time. I never used to be a big makeup wearer. I know, shocking. image I was never allowed to wear makeup as a child/teen because I had really strict parents, so I only really learned the basics. My daily makeup for the longest time was some foundation/powder, eyeliner, and maybe included filling in my eyebrows. image But now that I'm older and have more funds, I can buy all the makeup my little heart desires! So I'm always glad to get another tool to help perfect my look.

It's so soft!

  yourMinerals Transparent Veil Setting Powder ($26) 

*Even more heart eyes* Another product that I absolutely love and will use for sure! I love setting powder; it helps keep my oily skin in check while not weighing it down or appearing cake-y. image Since I live in a very humid, subtropic area, my oily skin is almost always in overdrive, and I have to be careful of what I put on my face since a lot of makeup just melts right off in the harsh Miami heat. Which is why I love translucent setting powders! They provide just enough oil control while being virtually invisible. image I was eyeing the Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder on Amazon, but since I got this one, I'll use it up first. This powder helps mattify the skin while minimizing pores and fine lines.

 Gorge I'll Make You Look Amazing Daily Spray ($29.95) 

I received this exact item in a previous FabFitFun box, but I'm not complaining because this stuff is freaking great. This leave-in conditioning spray does so much good for my hair, and makes it so silky and smooth. Plus, it has a tropical fruity smell that I love! image It really helps keep my hair frizz-free, and I was ready to repurchase it when it ran out, but thanks to Boxycharm, I don't have to. Luckily for me, this spray has really been making its rounds in a lot of subscription boxes lately!

 OFRA Cosmetics Lip Liner ($13) 

The last item I received was this OFRA Chestnut lip liner. This is a really nice lip liner, but admittedly, I don't wear a lot of lipsticks that would match this. I'm not against trying out some pretty browns, though.  A berry color or a red would have been more useful to me, I think.


This liner is super soft and creamy and doesn't pull or drag on my lips at all. It's made with a synthetic beeswax base for a smooth, soft, and long-lasting application. image Lip liner is such a go-to when wearing lipstick for me, it provides lipstick with something to adhere to, and makes it last so much longer.

 Final Verdict 

My July Boxycharm box cost me $21, and has a total combined value of $121.17! I'm loving these full size products, and I am loving Boxycharm! The value is incredible for a $21 box, seriously, I have no idea how they do it. I am going to use all of these items, and most are brands I hadn't yet heard of which makes it even more exciting! The mascara isn't my favorite per se, but I'll still use it on those days where I'm going for a more natural look. Maybe I just signed up for Boxycharm at a really good time, but this month's box was epic. I can't wait to see what comes in August's box!

If you want to sign up for Boxycharm, you can do so OVER HERE. Shipping is free! image

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

2 comments

  1. I have always wanted to sign up for a beauty box like this - your blog post makes me want to even more! All of those products look amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved this month's box, so I don't blame you for wanting to sign up! I think it even one-ups Ipsy. I definitely recommend trying it out! :)

      Delete

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon