Bulu Weightloss Box Review and Unboxing!


Hello everyone! I don't even know how to begin with reviewing this box, but I'm just going to go ahead and jump right into it. image

What is Bulu Box?
Bulu Box is a monthly fitness and weight loss subscription. Their original Bulu Box is centered around supplements and fitness, but they also have a Weight Loss Box that comes with a variety of products that are geared toward weight loss products and diet supplements. I decided to take advantage of a half-off promotion Bulu Box was having, and try out my first box for 50% off. Normally, Bulu Box costs $10 a month, but I got this box for $5image 

Each month, you can earn up to 100 points (which is $10) with their points system by filling out sample surveys of the products you've sampled from their boxes. Once you've earned enough reward points, you can use them like actual cash in their shop, sort of similar to how Birchbox has their rewards system set up. image Let's see what's inside!

This was the info card that Bulu sent in their Weight Loss Box, explaining all of the products.

image Movit Energy Gummies ($15.99 for 12 packets) image

Energy candy seems to be extremely popular lately, and I'm not complaining! Gummy candy is my favorite candy, so I was completely content with receiving this. Suites デコメ of emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃ These gummies contain a bunch of healthy goodness such as Guarana extract and protein for energy, COQ10, and Folic Acid. They're also low calorie and contain less sugar than other energy chews. These tasted exactly like candy, and were so delicious. Which is exactly what made me suspicious, so I took a look at the ingredients list, and whaddaya know, the first 2 ingredients are corn syrup and sugar, so this is essentially glorified candy. 

image Bach RESCUE Pastilles ($15.49/2 Tins) image

These little pill shaped gummies are supposed to be used as a form of natural stress relief. They claim to help relax your anxiety and prevent stress eating using all-natural flower extracts. I'm not a stress eater, really. I'm actually a stress sleeper. When I'm feeling particularly stressed or anxious, I just shut down and sleep.  Seriously, I am a pro-sleeper, I can sleep forever. Which is probably just as unhealthy (if not more so) than stress eating. デコメの画像(プリ画像) Regardless, if anyone needs stress control, it's me. These taste sort of like honey, and are a hard, gummy like consistency. I didn't really find that they helped any with my stress levels, and they aren't pleasant to eat, so I don't really know what I'm going to do with these. And they get stuck to your teeth.

image K-Pax Energy Tablets ($44.95/60 Tablets) image
These tablets serve as a multi-vitamin and an energy booster. They contain all of the necessary vitamins such as A, C, D, E, all of the B vitamins, iron, folic acid, etc. They also contain about 120mg of caffeine as well as Taurine, Acetyl L-Carnitine, L-Tyrosine, N-Acetyl Cysteine, and so on. These seem pretty okay, I'm glad that they are a multi-vitamin instead of just caffeine pills. I went the caffeine pill route not too long ago, and it isn't great. デコメ image of Pic

image Shapeology Burn Blend ($39.99/60 Capsules) image

These capsules are a weightloss aid that mimics the effects of a high metabolism so that your body can burn calories faster, encouraging weight loss; and since it's a capsule instead of a tablet, you'll feel the effects immediately. This is essentially just a caffeine pill, with other plant extracts to help "boost" your metabolism and help burn fat. I'm really weary of products like these. Like I mentioned earlier, I went the whole caffeine pill route, first as a weight loss aid, and then as a replacement to my morning coffee to give me energy. I blew so much money on pills like these. My naive 17 year old self.  Each of these types of pills costs about $40 per 60 capsule bottle, and a bottle will only last a month as the serving size is two capsules a day. Huge money waster, for a product that makes you feel jittery at best, but usually has no effect whatsoever. Luckily, I kicked that bad habit and no longer drink coffee regularly, so I won't be using these. Pictographic image デコメ Pic

image Urgent RX Upset Stomach Relief-to-Go Powder ($13.99/12 Packets) &
$100 Naked Wines Voucher image


The RX Upset Stomach powder is a stomach reliever and anti-diarrheal, similar to TUMS. You can pour this directly into your mouth, no water needed. Although, to be honest, wouldn't it just be easier and less messy to chew on a TUMS tablet? Yura et al et al et al!  !  ② image of emoticons ('◉  I'll actually use this, since I have a lot of tummy problems, so at least there's that!

Also included is a $100 wine voucher to be used on nakedwines.com when you spend $160. They included this because red wine contains resveratrol and heart healthy antioxidants, and drinking red wine in moderation can increase levels of good cholesterol and help prevent artery damage. While I love me some red wine, I don't see how this is weight loss related. Also, it expires in 30 days, much to my dismay after deciding to save it to buy my MIL some wine for her birthday in September. Maybe I'll still use it, wine gets better with age anyway, right?

image Final Verdict image

If I'm going to be honest, this Weight Loss Box was entirely underwhelming. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't necessarily... this? I feel like few things in this box were related to weight loss at all. The RESCUE Pastilles and the $100 wine voucher were a stretch, and the RX Upset Stomach Powder wasn't weight loss related in the slightest. I really don't think this was worth the $5 I spent, and it definitely isn't worth $10. I feel like these are all just random, unrelated samples that they decided to throw together and call a "Weight Loss Box". デコメ of cute emoticons I canceled the same day I received this, because I was feeling so blase about everything in it, and looking through past months, they repeat a lot of products, and don't really go according to your profile. Maybe I'll resubscribe one day if I find a good offer, or if they up the quality of their products, but until then, I'll just watch from the sidelines to see if they get any better. Deco-mail pictograms of shit

If you'd like to sign up for Bulu Box, you can do so OVER HERE. I'm not sure if they're still doing the half-off first box deal, but after poking around the interwebs for a bit, I found the code MYSUB5 which will give you $5 off every box for the length of your subscription, so that's $5 boxes for life! You can also get $5 off if you sign up for a year long subscription (Although I don't see anyone utilizing that option, to be honest). You'll also get $1 to use it the Bulu Shop for every product you review! 



Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon