Naturebox July 2015 Review and Unboxing!


Hey there! Gosh, things have been super hectic lately, and I have been up to my neck in schoolwork. But I want to keep making reviews for you all, so I'm going to talk a bit about July's Naturebox! To be honest, I don't normally like to get food subscription boxes, because I'm a fatty and my boyfriend and I wind up eating everything within a day or two.  I used to get Graze, which is another snack box that sends you four samples of goodies for around $6, but I canceled that sub because I was honestly eating them all in one day and it wasn't really worth it (I know, I have zero self control.) But Naturebox is doing this thing where their first box is free, with just $2 to pay in shipping costs, so I figured why not try it out? 

What is Naturebox?
Naturebox is a monthly food subscription service that sends 5 different delicious, healthy snacks to your doorstep for $20. The snacks are all free from nasty things like high-fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavors, and they contain 0 trans fats. Naturebox has a "pantry" where you can choose what snacks are sent to you every month, and you can store your favorites in your pantry for Naturebox to send whenever you like. There is also the option to receive surprise snacks, which is what I did.  The box I received is a starter box, meaning that instead of receiving 5 full-sized snack bags, I'll be receiving 1 full-sized snack bag and 4 mini, single-serving bags, in order to try out some of Naturebox's goodies and to see if I want to subscribe.

Naturebox offers a monthly, 3-month, and 6-month subscription.
Deco-mail pictograms of apple chan A monthly subscription costs $19.95 per box.
Deco-mail pictograms of apple chan A 3-month subscription costs $17.95 per box.
Deco-mail pictograms of apple chan A 6-month subscription costs $16.95 per box.



The first mini snack I received was the Cranberry Medley, which contains pomegranate and acai flavored dried cranberries with blueberries. I love dried fruit, but I didn't expect too much out of these since dried cranberries aren't a favorite of mine. But these were so surprisingly good! They tasted more sweet than tart, and now that I think about it, they would have tasted great in some greek yogurt or some oatmeal. Too bad I ate them all by themselves. image

What Naturebox says:
"Looking for your midday snack boost? Munch on this fresh new take on dried blueberries and cranberries flavored with pomegranate and acai. With no artificial sweeteners, this is one super snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you guilt-free."



These cute little crisps are Masa Crisps, and are just regular corn chips with flax seeds baked in. I think flax is good for fiber, and these corn chips taste just like Fritos! They were super good, and had a nice, slightly salted toasty flavor.


What Naturebox says:
"It's no secret that your salty cravings can easily be triggered by the memory of eating something deliciously savory or by the smell of fried foods. A handful of these crisps will quickly satisfy the salty bite you crave without weighing you down."



These jalapeno cashews were so good, but really hot. I tried one and thought to myself "this isn't so bad", so I kept eating and the more cashews I ate, the hotter they became. image They were still tasty, although I may be biased because cashews are my favorite nuts. My boyfriend finished these off in about 5 minutes, so I must not be the only one who loves them.


What Naturebox says:
"Grab your favorite ice-cold beverage and kick up your feet as you enjoy these Southwestern-inspired cashews. With minimal ingredients, these savory cashews have the protein you need to help you feel fuller longer. The spicy kick from jalapeno seasoning makes for a fiery crunch that will leave your taste buds tingling."



Sweet Blueberry Almonds! I adore almonds, but they have to be covered in something. At least salt. I tried to do the whole 'unsalted nuts thing' for healthy reasons and it was just... ew. But these blueberry-flavored almonds are so yummy! They were sweet without being too sweet, and since I'm obsessed with almond butter, I was happy to get these in my box. I may have accidentally spilled all of the blueberry powdered sugar everywhere when I opened these... image


What Naturebox says:
"To almond butter or not to almond butter - that is the question. You opened this bag of Sweet Blueberry Almonds and a few crunches later, visions of sweet homemade nut butter clouded your snack-appetite. For an extra treat, sip a cup of these almonds along with a pinch of sea salt and a dash of olive oil and spread on your favorite cracker."



These cashews are absolutely amazing. When I first opened my box, I was kind of disappointed to see that the full-sized snack I was sent was nuts. I have nothing against nuts, but I was kind of hoping for some yogurt-covered pretzels, or something chocolate-y, maybe. But after I tried these, I was so glad I got a big bag, because these are addicting! I never understood the whole put-sriracha-on-everything craze, but these cashews are so good that I might have to just buy myself a bottle. image

What Naturebox says:
"You're well into this routine of snacking smarter. Need a dessert? Dried fruit to the rescue! Looking for crunchy salad toppings? You add sunflower seeds! Got a spicy and savory craving? Grab these roasted cashews! Coated in a sriracha glaze, this snack doesn't mess around. Can you handle the heat?"


Deco-mail pictograms of apple chan Final Verdict Deco-mail pictograms of apple chan

Normally, Naturebox costs $20 a month, but I only paid $2 for the shipping as the box itself was free. Overall, this box was delicious and super fun, and it was definitely worth the $2 shipping fee to get all these yummy goodies for free. I kind of wish that the sample sizes were bigger, but then again, if they were they wouldn't be "sample sizes". This was a starter box after all, so the whole idea was to taste what kind of snacks Naturebox has to offer before committing to a monthly subscription service. I do wish that they had sent a wider variety of snacks, as I feel I received a lot of nuts and not enough of the other types of goodies, but it was good for what it was worth and I liked every single one of the snacks I received. Suites デコメ of emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃ

The best part is that the regular boxes contain 5 full-size snacks, so there will be no more of these little single serving packets, which is a reason why I canceled my Graze subscription (the little packets never last in my house). I'm not sure if I'll be continuing my subscription for Naturebox next month, because as I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of food subs, but I will definitely consider it because all of these snacks were delicious, and I do need some munchies to bring with me on the days where I'm on campus for hours at a time. image

If you want to sign up for Naturebox to receive yumminess at your doorstep every month, you can do that OVER HERESuites デコメ of emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃ Happy munching~


デコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃデコメ of cake emoticons ★ ~ ~ did I きゃ

Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon