Beauteque Mask Grab Bag Review!


Hello everyone! Today I'm going to be reviewing something exciting: the Beauteque Mask Grab Bag! Beauteque releases these grab bags every so often, and I was lucky enough to catch one before stopped selling them.  I seriously adore sheet masks, and they were the first bit of K-beauty that I discovered when I got interested in Asian skincare, so I was super excited to scoop this up!

What is the Beauteque Mask Grab Bag? 
The Beauteque Mask Grab bag is a cute little bag filled with a bunch of different masks that target whatever problem areas you may be experiencing with your skin. For $15, Beauteque will send you a variety of different masks that are specific to your skin type. Upon placing an order, you will be prompted to choose 2 different skin types/skin concerns that you may have, which are:
 Acne
Anti-aging
 Brightening
 Hydrating
If you like, you can also choose the same skin concern twice, so that you have double the masks of that type. The areas of focus I chose were "Acne" and "Brightening".

Unfortunately, I just received my grab bag today, and the 23rd was the last day to place an order. However, Beauteque offers something called Mask Maven, which is a $15 monthly mask subscription, so if you like the kind of masks found in the grab bag, you could poke around and see if you like what Mask Maven has to offer! Not to mention they send way more masks per bag for their monthly service (I believe around 9-11).  Anyway, let's see what's inside!

FC2無料カウンター NextBeau Collagen Piggy Mask Pack ($1.80) FC2無料カウンター

This sheet mask is the one that caught my eye first. How adorable is this packaging?! Look at that piggy.  This face mask claims to promote whitening (a big thing in the Asian skincare world) and balance oil production while moisturizing sensitive skin. This mask also contains collagen which helps promote elasticity and moisturize the skin. I haven't used this one yet, but I'm a sucker for novelty packaging and this one takes the cake. 

To Use: Lay on face for 15-20 minutes, remove, and gently rub in remaining essence with fingertips.

FC2無料カウンター My Beauty Diary Albutin Whitening Mask ($1-2) FC2無料カウンター

My Beauty Diary is a Taiwanese company that basically took lead of the sheet mask world. They do expand into other areas of skincare, but their sheet masks are what they're known for. I absolutely love these masks. This one really even out my skin tone, and even after one use I could tell that my skin looked brighter and my PIH marks looked more faded. image This is especially helpful to me because living in Miami and traveling a lot on foot, my face is a bit darker than the rest of me. image I left this mask on for about 45 minutes (a bit longer than the suggested time) and my skin felt so moisturized and soft, and looked significantly brighter. image

To Use: After thoroughly cleansing and toning, apply mask to face and leave for 20-30 minutes. After removal, gently massage the excess essence into your skin.

FC2無料カウンター Hanaka Rose Tranexamic Acid Whiteness Mask ($1.80) FC2無料カウンター

I've heard mixed things about Hanaka, but this rose Tranexamic Acid facial mask is super pretty, and claims to moisturize while simultaneously reducing dark spots. Hanaka is a Japanese company, and their masks are made out of 100% natural wood pulp fiber, and is therefore completely decomposable! Yay Hanaka, for looking out for the earth! 

To Use: Gently unfold cloth mask and remove white backing. Place cloth side on clean face and relax for 10-15 minutes. Remove the mask and press excess product into skin.

FC2無料カウンター My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Mask ($1-2) FC2無料カウンター

Another My Beauty Diary sheet mask, this time in Strawberry Yogurt. image This is one of my favorite My Beauty Diary masks because it helps with oil control, which is necessary to prevent breakouts from forming. I kind of want to buy an entire box of these, as well as the Albutin ones. And they best part is, MBD masks are super inexpensive, and you can even find them at Wal-Mart! image

To Use: After thoroughly cleansing skin and toning, apply mask to face and leave for 20-30 minutes. After removal, gently massage the excess essence into skin.

FC2無料カウンター Hanaka Black Rose Acne Fighting Mask ($1.99) FC2無料カウンター
  
The Hanaka Black Rose Acne Fighting Mask claims to absorb impurities, rebalance oiliness, and exfoliate while purifying pores and refining the skin. This little mask is exactly what I've been needing. I have a few trouble areas when it comes to black heads, there are a few on my forehead area, and some on my chin as well. I was also gifted horrible pore genetics, and have a bunch of (pretty visible) sebaceous filaments on my nose. image While I've come to terms with the fact that they are never truly going to disappear, it's satisfying to yank them out of my nose for a while until they return. This is one of those masks where you have to pull it off after it dries, so I would suggest using this as a spot treatment rather than on your whole face. 

To Use: After cleansing, take a moderate amount and apply to the desired area or whole face. Leave on for 15-30 minutes to dry, then remove gently.

FC2無料カウンター The Face Shop Cucumber Herb Day Massage Cream ($12) FC2無料カウンター

I thought this may have been a wash-off mask at first, but it's actually a massage cream! The Face Shop Cucumber Herb Day Massage Cream is a thick cream that you massage into the skin on your face, and it's supposed to brighten while moisturizing and relieving dry skin. This smells exactly like fresh, juicy cucumber, and I never thought I'd like that scent as much as I do. デコメ image of Pic

Check out this cute little instruction guide for how to do a 1-minute face massage from The Face Shop! Apparently, facial massage helps stimulate blood flow to prevent breakouts, and it works the muscles underneath your skin which helps diminish fine lines and prevent new wrinkles from forming. Massage also helps diminish dark circles and de-puff tired, swollen eyes. This cream made my skin feel so, so soft, and not at all greasy. Plus, I love the smell! デコメ image of Pic 

To Use: Get an adequate amount and rub all over the face. Wipe off with a tissue after 3-5 minutes of rubbing. Rinse off with foam cleanser. Use 1-2 times a week.

Bonus: I also received a tiny sample of the It's Skin Power 10 Formula VE Effector, which is a Vitamin E formula that nourishes and moisturizes skin.  

FC2無料カウンター Final Verdict FC2無料カウンター
My cucumber cream wouldn't stop rolling. >.>"

I really enjoyed the Beauteque Mask Grab Bag! I loved all of the masks; each one was fun to put on, and the masks had some crazy awesome benefits. And I was introduced to something new - facial massage! I'm going to be totally honest. I immediately signed up for the Beauteque Mask Maven subscription service as soon as I received this. This was completely worth the $15 for me, and there's nothing I would love more than to see a bunch of them show up on my doorstep every month. Deco-mail pictograms (no title) 

I believe the Grab Bags are sold out by now, but Beauteque brings them back every so often, and this was a good look into the kind of masks Beauteque offers for their Mask Maven service! They definitely claimed another customer. image If you're interested in their monthly Mask Maven service, you can sign up for it OVER HERE.



Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon