Beauteque July 2015 Review & Unboxing!


Hey there! I finally have a second of downtime, so I can finally finish this review! This week has been incredibly exhausting. School in particular has been exhausting.  All of my finals are scheduled for the same week, back to back. My brain feels almost fried, and I'm ready for summer term to be OVER. And I don't even want to think about the Statistics course I have to take in the Fall. I just want to sleep for 4 months straight. I'm going to try to do a personal post soon, but I've been sitting on the idea because I find it so hard to talk about myself.  In any case, good things are to be said for this month's Beauteque BB-Bag, I love that you never truly know what to expect out of them!

What is Beauteque? 
Beauteque Monthly is a monthly subscription service curated by the US-based Korean beauty website Beauteque. Every month, Beauteque sends out what is known as their BB Bag (Beauteque Beauty Bag) filled with super fun products from Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Europe, and the US! Beauteque is a perfect subscription service for anyone new to the world of K-Beauty, as you get to try out various different products that you may not have come across before.

How it works:
Beauteque has options for either a 1-month, 3-month, 6-month, or 1-year subscription.
image A monthly subscription costs $24 per month.
image A 3-month subscription costs $24 per month.
image A 6-month subscription costs $23 per month.
image A 1-year subscription costs $22 per month.

All subscriptions are prepaid, and will auto-renew at the end if the cycle so that you won't ever miss on on a bag, in case you have a terrible memory like me. image

The great thing about Beauteque is that there is an option to customize your items! Beauteque routinely sends out emails to their subscribers on the 1st of every month, and you have until the 5th to choose your preference, or they will choose for you. (For example, lipstick/eyeshadow color, toner type, body wash scent, etc.)

In every Beauteque BB Bag, you can expect to receive 7 or more full-size products anywhere from lifestyle and jewelry to makeup and skincare. The bags are anywhere from $65-$85 in value, so you can expect to get your money's worth!

Shipping Costs:
Beauteque ships to the US, Canada, and Europe.
 US shipping is $3.95 per month.
 Canada shipping is $5.95 per month.
 Europe shipping is $8.95 per month.

The theme this month is "Picnic of Pretty". This is what Beauteque had to say:
"July is here and it's the perfect weather for a picnic, a Picnic of Pretty, that is! Everything you need to look and feel your prettiest for a perfect day at the park is packed into this bag. Pretty and practical, the contents range from lip treatments to body wash, blusher to sunblock. Wherever you're going to be this summer, we've got a goodie for it in this pouch! Keep summer going in style with all this month's bag has to offer!"


Beauteque sends an info card with every BB Bag, fully explaining all of the products inside.

image Yeon/Jeju Hallabong Special Peeling & Pack Mini 4-Set ($10) image

The Yeon/Jeju Hallabong Special Peeling & Pack Mini is a little set of 3 different wash-off masks that serve different purposes. These are meant to hydrate and replenish the skin, and I think there's even a peeling gel in there as well. image I haven't used these yet, but there's enough in those little packs for at least 2 uses!

What Beauteque says:
"Each pack in this set is a wash-off mask with a different purpose. The peeling gel exfoliates and smooths skin. The Live pack replenishes and energizes skin. The pore ghassoul pack rids skin of dirt and excess sebum."

 To Use 
Energy Peeling Gel - After washing and drying face, apply this pack by massaging into skin with both hands, causing it to congeal. Once it congeals, massage for one more minute then rinse with lukewarm water. 
Energy Live Pack - Massage into face and neck and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with cold water. 
Ghassoul Pack - After cleansing skin and toning, apply this pack all over face and wait 10 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.

image Witch-Hazel Pore Clear Toner ($19) image

Apparently you can receive either the Witch-Hazel Pore Clear Toner or the Secret Key Aloe Soothing Moist Toner. I wish I had received the Aloe one, because I try to steer clear of alcohols, and Witch-Hazel contains alcohol. (タイトルなし) デコメ絵文字 I don't know if I'll use this or give it away yet, but this toner is meant to reduce the appearance of pores and control sebum production. 

What Beauteque says:
"Product controls oil and deeply cleans. Reduces pore appearance and nourishes skin."

 To Use 
Apply to clean skin with a cotton ball and let dry.

image Tony Moly Crystal Blusher ($8) &
Blending Brush ($15) image

This Tony Moly Crystal Blusher is so cute! It's the perfect color for my skin tone, and it has a pretty pearly shimmer to it, while managing to not be overbearing. image Not to mention it's totally buildable! Plus, I needed blush so bad. I've got that creepy dead girl look going on. 

This is after going over the same swatch 3 times, to show you the color. 
It's very, very sheer.

What Beauteque says:
"This makeup will compliment your skin tone and accentuate cheeks."

 To Use 
Apply to the apples of your cheeks using a blush brush.

The next item I received was one of Beauteque's blending brushes. Beauteque actually has some pretty nice brushes, they're super soft and are good quality, so I'm happy to receive this. I'm slowly building up my arsenal of makeup brushes. 

What Beauteque says:
"Use after you apply all of your makeup to blend it together for a flawless finish."

 To Use 
Sweep over entire face lightly. Wash regularly with a makeup brush cleaner or mild soap and water to avoid product buildup. 

image Holika Holika Golden Monkey Glamour Lip 3-Step Kit ($6.99) image
This is a 3-step lip kit from Korean cosmetics brand Holika Holika that claims to heal dry, cracked lips while making them plumper. I'm always leery of lip plumpers because they never seem to work, and for me, that was the case this time, too. It certainly made them softer and more moisturized, but moisturized lips automatically appear plumper, so this was nothing groundbreaking.  It was really fun to do though, and the gel mask from step 2 really adheres to the skin well, so you can wear this and still walk around and go about your business. I also really liked the honey lip treatment that came with it, and there's a lot so you can keep reapplying as needed. image

What Beauteque says:
"This is a 3-step kit to treat chapped, dry lips, and make them appear plumper.

 To Use 
Apply step 1, the exfoliating pad, to clean and then gently massage lips to exfoliate. Apply step 2, the hydro gel mask to lips and remove after 15 mins. Dab in remaining moisture. Apply step 3, the honey treatment, paying special attention to dry areas.

image Etude House Milk Talk Body Wash ($12) image

I was SO excited to receive this! I freaking adore Etude House. They're one of my favorite kbeauty brands! デコメ image of Pic This smells exactly like Hershey's chocolate milk, it's perfection. The scent isn't too strong either, so it isn't overpowering. My boyfriend had to lean in to smell it on me after I showered with it, so you won't walk around smelling like a glass of chocolate milk. It does make your bath/shower smell like chocolate-y heaven, and it's just subtle enough to be enjoyable even if you aren't a fan of food scents. I know I am, though. デコメ image of Pic There are two other "flavors" available, a regular milk flavor (that just smells like baby powder) and a strawberry milk flavor. 

What Beauteque says:
"Moisturize skin in the shower or bath with this milk body wash."

 To Use 
Apply with a body sponge or with your hands and rub and smooth onto skin. Then wash off with warm water.

image Final Verdict image

The July BB Bag cost a total of $27.95 (including US shipping costs) and has an overall combined value of $71Beauteque is fast becoming one of my favorite subscriptions. I always look forward to seeing their BB Bags on my doorstep, and even when I don't like every single product that I'm sent, I still enjoy them because they're so well curated and the products are almost always exciting to use. デコメ of face emoticons Even if you're already a kbeauty expert and have seen it all, there will still be products in here that you'll enjoy. I can't even begin to explain how much I love the chocolate-y Etude House body wash, and the brush is really nice quality. The blush matches my skin tone perfectly, and the lip kit was fun and made my lips incredibly soft! While I wish I had gotten the Aloe toner instead of the Witch-Hazel one, that isn't enough to make me dislike this month's bag. I'm so excited to see what I get next month! 
If you want to sign up for your very own BB Bag, you can do so OVER HERE. Beauteque also has a main website where you can shop around for other kbeauty items and limited edition bags, and that can be found HERE.



Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon