PopSugar July 2015 Review and Unboxing!


Hey there! This is my second month receiving a PopSugar Must Have box, and I have to say that I like it even more than June's box. This had a lot of stuff that I will actually get a lot of use out of, and there were two items that I was really looking forward to receiving!  On a different note, I've been super busy with school work and *actually* hanging out with friends, so I haven't had a lot of time to really make a personal blog post. I guess until I find some inspiration, I'll just keep posting some sub box reviews!

What is PopSugar?
PopSugar Must Have is a renewable monthly subscription that sends you a bunch of sweet surprises from all different areas, including lifestyle, beauty, makeup, skincare, books... the list goes on! Each monthly box is a surprise so you never know what you're going to get, which is honestly my favorite part of sub boxes. * Emoticons * デコメ of the same face as well
PopSugar is a bit on the pricier side, weighing in at $39.95 per month, but you can save more by upgrading to either a 3-month or 6-month subscription. There's also many coupons and ways to get discounts floating around the interwebs, so if you were to opt out of the monthly sub and gift yourself a box instead, you can save money that way, too. If you want to sign up for PopSugar, you can save $5 on your first box by using the code REFER5

 Every month, PopSugar has a theme based on something different that inspired the curation of the items. This month was inspired by "Beach days, easy travel, summer heat, fourth of July, stripes". 

FC2無料カウンター Henri Bendel Signature Stripe Canvas Dopp Kit ($28) FC2無料カウンター

This bag is everything. Seriously, I love Henri Bendel. And this cute little pouch feels so sturdy and high quality! This was the one item that was promised to show up in every box, so everyone who received a July PopSugar Must Have box should have received this little bag. Lately I've been using a super old Guess makeup bag to store my makeup products, and it is years old and kind of grimy looking from being tossed in and out of my bag, but it's really sturdy and really good quality so I haven't gotten rid of it yet. Deco-mail pictograms of Rilakkuma But now I can finally toss it out and use this pretty one! It's made from a really sturdy canvas material, and I love the brown stripes and blue accents, and the inside lining is a durable plastic material that can be wiped down, so it won't get dirty or gross on the inside. image

Let's see what PopSugar has to say:
"We've found the perfect pouch to store all your travel and on-the-go necessities! This Small Stripe Canvas Dopp Kit is water-resistant and expandable, simplifying travel so you can focus on the adventures ahead instead of the stress of packing."

The inside is waterproof, and super expandable!

FC2無料カウンター Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 ($28) FC2無料カウンター

The Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist was the other item that I was really looking forward to seeing in July's box! I swear by setting sprays, since they really help keep my makeup intact throughout the humid Miami summer, and there's nothing I hate more than the feeling of my makeup melting off of my face. This rosemary-infused setting spray promises a matte finish that will help set makeup, control oil, and provide UV photoaging protection, which are all things that I desperately need! The high SPF is also a plus. I love that this is such a large size, this is sure to last me quite a while.  

What PopSugar has to say:
"Stay refreshed even in the heat of July with this rosemary-infused Defense Refresh Setting Mist. This three-in-one mist delivers SPF 50 protection, sets your morning makeup, and controls oil and shine, giving your skin a flawless matte finish."


FC2無料カウンター Sorial Card Case ($28) FC2無料カウンター

This little red case was another of the pricier items in July's box, and is meant to carry your credit cards, ID, and a little bit of cash on those days where you don't want to take your wallet with you. Honestly, it's cute and feels high quality, but I don't think I'll use it too often. This would work well for when you go to the beach and want to carry as little with you as possible, or for when you carry a super small clutch or purse, but I don't like the beach so I'll probably pass this along to someone. 
Along with the card holder came a coupon for $25 for the Sorial website. There's nothing on their website that is less than $25, I believe their cheapest item is $49, so you'll still have to cover the difference if you decide to make use of the coupon. They also don't have a huge selection of merchandise, but of what they do have, everything is very stylish. image

What PopSugar says:
"On your next trip or night on the town, ditch your bulky wallet for this lightweight card case instead! Although compact, there's still plenty of space to hold your ID, credit cards, and some cash."


FC2無料カウンター PopDental Portable Toothbrush ($20) FC2無料カウンター

I thought it was so weird but cool that we received an electric toothbrush as an item in this month's box! Awkward confession, but I've never used an electric toothbrush. I don't know, I've just never felt the need to splurge on a toothbrush before, and the regular ones work just fine in my opinion. Deco-mail pictograms of rabbit 〓 ~ っ This toothbrush comes with a AAA battery, and two brush heads, so that you'll have a replacement when the first brush head needs changing. When I first opened this, I thought it was going to be pretty crappy, and I didn't expect much.  But it actually is pretty much like any other electric toothbrush, which is good for it appearing in a subscription box. デコメ of emoticons (^ ◇ ^) ┛ look pastel rabbit The bristles part of the toothbrush is pretty standard, kind of like those big packs you can pick up at the dollar store. I wonder if it could use any kind of toothbrush head, or if it has to be PopDental brand. Either way, I wish some info could have been included about where I can find replacement heads for this. In any case, this will be great for taking with me when I stay at a hotel, or somewhere overnight!

What PopSugar says:
"With its sleek design and compact size, PopDental's Portable Toothbrush is about to make your daily ritual a lot more stylish. The toothbrush delivers 22,000 brush strokes per minute, leaving your teeth clean and smile-ready."


FC2無料カウンター Yes To Blueberries Cleansing Facial Wipes ($6) FC2無料カウンター


I always love receiving cleansing wipes in sub boxes, and I can honestly never have enough of them. I seem to go through them like crazy, so I'm always looking for ways to get them for cheap. I like to make them myself, using water, coconut oil, all-natural baby shampoo, and paper towels. However, I still do like buying them from time to time to take with me when I stay overnight at places, or when I get lazy and forget to make my own. Deco-mail pictograms of Pikachu You can find the recipe I use to make my own makeup cleansing wipes here, it's only a few simple steps and I've saved so much money by making them myself!
The ones I received through PopSugar this month are called "Yes To Blueberries Age Refresh Cleansing Facial Wipes" and are by the brand Yes To. They contain blueberry, apple, and lemon peel extracts to cleanse and moisturize. Chu!! I like Yes To, I think their packaging is so cute. I also like the fact that they are cruelty-free and use natural ingredients, and that they stay away from things like parabens, phthalates, SLS, silicones, chemical sunscreens, and other potentially harmful ingredients. Deco-mail pictograms of alpaca

UPDATE: I decided to use these today after getting home to refresh my skin and get rid of some oil, and these wipes smell terrible. Like pine-sol, or some other kind of citrus cleaner. On top of that, they BURNED my skin really badly. My entire face was pulsating and red for about an hour after using them, not to mention they dried out my skin like no tomorrow, and I had to walk around holding an ice pack to my face. I wasn't wearing anything on my skin, so it couldn't have been a chemical reaction. Apparently, this isn't the first time this has happened to someone with these wipes, so I advise not using them, or spot testing them on an area other than your face beforehand. 

What PopSugar says:
"Sometimes travel can take its toll on our skin, but with Yes To wipes, you'll get clean skin wherever you go. Formulated with blueberry and apple extracts, these wipes gently cleanse, remove makeup, and moisturize all in one!"


FC2無料カウンター The Good Bean Fruit & No-Nut Bar in Chocolate Berry ($2) FC2無料カウンター


I can't speak for everyone, but I personally love getting snacks in subscription boxes. Which is strange because I'm not a huge fan of most renewing snack subscriptions. I guess I just enjoy the little yummy surprise where I wasn't expecting it. Photobucket This granola bar was pretty yummy, and it actually made me feel full after eating it! It's a chocolate berry flavor, and contains roasted chickpeas instead of nuts. I ate this all myself as my boyfriend wanted no part of this, but it was really good so he was missin' out. It tastes mostly like blueberries and cherries, and not so much chocolate, but it's vegan and has a heck of a lot of protein and fiber, so I can forgive it this time around. 

What PopSugar says:
"Packed with protein-rich chickpeas instead of nuts, this bar is lower in fat and calories. It's entirely vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. Enjoy the tangy mix of blueberries and cherries with dark chocolate chunks and roasted chickpeas!"


FC2無料カウンター Special Extra! Hallmark Signature Greeting Cards ($15+) FC2無料カウンター

This month, PopSugar threw in a cute extra in the form of Hallmark cards! I think handwritten cards are adorable, and even though we live in a time where we can just message someone online or call them on the phone to wish them a happy birthday/Christmas/etc., receiving a handwritten card in the mail is still fun. These cards are super cute and have pop-up designs, and can be used for any occasion, so you can decide who to give them to and when! I'll probably save them for the holidays or for family birthdays. image


My package came neatly wrapped up with a pop-up owl card, a white card that says "Cheers" in pop-up block letters, and a third card that has miscellaneous pop-up decorations and cute phrases such as "peanut butter and jelly" "hugs and kisses" and "mac and cheese" in the form of an ampersand. image

What PopSugar says:
"There's nothing better than receiving handwritten cards in the mail - especially when they're this beautiful! Hallmark Signature's unique greeting cards are perfect for any special occasion to show your love in style!"

FC2無料カウンター Final Verdict FC2無料カウンター

The July PopSugar Must Have box cost me a total of $40, and has a total combined value of $127. I honestly loved this month's PopSugar box! I'll be using everything I received except for one item, and all of the items are really fun. I love when a box can deliver novelty products while simultaneously sending out things that are actually useful, and PopSugar really took it far this month! image I adore the Henri Bendel bag, and I'm definitely going to be using the face mist. The toothbrush and the card case are great for travel, and the greeting cards are adorable and I can't wait to send them out. ...And I ate the granola bar almost immediately.  Even though the facial cleansing wipes turned out to be terrible, this box was still a definite winner for me, and well worth the $40 price tag!

If you want to sign up for a PopSugar Must Have monthly subscription, you can do that OVER HERE. Make sure to use the code REFER5 to get $5 off your first box!




Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon