Sephora Favorites Superstars 2015 Unboxing


Lately I've been getting more and more into makeup, so I was so happy to receive this Sephora Favorites set! I'm kind of makeup-inept (I'm still horrible at everything eye shadow) so I'm trying to teach myself how to be an adult woman, finally. I mean, the time has come. I'm 22. It has to be done.

Here's a closer look inside!


1. Original Beautyblender
2. Benefit They're Real! Mascara
3. Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight
4. Lancome DRAMA LIQUI-PENCIL Extreme Longwear Eyeliner in Noir Intense
5. Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight
6. Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer/Base Step 1
7. NARS Dual Intensity Eye Shadow in Himalia
8. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (travel size)
9. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black
10. Tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer in Park Ave Princess
11. Tarte The Slenderizer Bamboo Contouring Brush
12. Touch in Sol Stretchex Stretch Lash Effect Mascara
13. Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Lounge




The Urban Decay shadow "Lounge" is so freaking cool. In some lights it's brown, some green, and in all it makes me feel like a glamorous ninja turtle or something. I don't even know, but I like it. The Nars shadow in Himalia is gorgeous too, in a more subtle way, and I can see myself using it for everyday wear. Honestly, I'm in love with them both and I don't even like brown eye shadow all that much! I'm not so sure about the Tarte contour though, as it seems a bit ruddy. I'll have to give it a go and see how it works out. 

The Laura Mercier highlight is SO GORGEOUS. Seriously. It's so subtle and just blends right in to create a natural, dewy glow. I'm obsessed. Highlighters are one of my fave products right now to give my skin instant glow, so I'm happy that two were included in this box. The Laura Mercier is just so lovely, and perfect for paler skin tones such as mine!

As for the eyeliners, I already own and swear by my Stila Stay All Day waterproof liner. For someone with oily, hooded lids, this stuff holds up like a champ, and even takes a bit of rubbing to remove with my oil cleanser. The Lancome seems lovely, but since it's a pencil I'll probably delegate it to my waterline or something, since pencil eyeliners seem to just melt off of my eyes.



I took all of these swatches in normal, indoor light. I'll be taking some in outdoor light as well soon, to show the difference as I suspect everything (the highlighters especially) will look ten times more beautiful in outdoor lighting. I haven't been in a full face of makeup mood lately (so tired from work and school) but when I do feel like waking up earlier to spend time on my makeup, I'll update a bit more~

I honestly can't wait to dig into all this awesome stuff. I can finally teach myself how to contour! As someone who just wears eyeliner and mascara, there is a whole new world of cosmetics waiting to be discovered. Have you tried any of the Sephora Superstars boxes? Which one is your favorite?

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon