PopSugar Must Have October 2015 Review & Unboxing


Hey there, lovelies! I received my PopSugar Must Have box for the month of October about a week ago, and I've had a chance to dig around in some of the goodies and I have to say, it's a super fun box! However, before I get into the review, I'd just like to preface this post by saying that I'm going to be changing things up a little in the near future, I think. I haven't been posting as regularly as I used to because, truth be told, I wasn't really sure which direction I wanted this blog to go in. I enjoy posting product reviews and subscription unboxings, but I also enjoy
posting tidbits about my life, personal experiences, makeshift recipes, and heart-to-heart (heart-to-screen?) talks with my readers. That being said, I'll probably be posting a few more life updates in between my reviews, and a lot of the reviews that will be rolling in will be more Asian beauty based, as my skincare routine is almost 90% Asian products, and it's become much more than just a routine or hobby for me. I'm working right now on an Asian beauty master post, so stay tuned! Blogging is something I genuinely enjoy doing, and I'd like it to stay that way. If not for my readers, for my own sanity, because shit's been cray lately. I've been cutting off a lot of dead weight in my life recently (bad friends, bad memories, unhealthy habits, etc.) and I'm excited to steer this blog in a new direction, along with my life! 

Anyway, if you aren't already bored to tears, time to get into the review!

What is PopSugar?
PopSugar Must Have is a renewable monthly subscription that send you a bunch of sweet surprises from all different areas, including lifestyle, beauty, makeup, skincare, books... the list goes on. Each monthly box is a surprise so you never know what you're going to get, which is honestly my favorite part of sub boxes. 
PopSugar is a bit on the pricier side, weighing in at $39.95 per month, but you can save more by upgrading to either a 3-month or a 6-month subscription. There are also many coupons and ways to get discounts floating around the interwebs, so if you were to opt out of the monthly sub and gift yourself a box instead, you can save money that way too. If you want to sign up for PopSugar, you can save $5 on your first box by using the code REFER5 or MUSTHAVE5.

 Every month, PopSugar has a theme based on something different that inspired the curation of the items. This month was inspired by "Autumn, Restful Nights, Cozy, Irresistable, Breast Cancer Awareness"

FC2無料カウンター "Why Not Me" by Mindy Kaling ($25) FC2無料カウンター

This is a book Mindy Kaling wrote about her experiences in Hollywood. I'm not usually a huge celebrity follower (with exception to K/JPOP artists), but I loved Mindy in The Office so I'm excited to start reading this one! I always love receiving books in subscription boxes. This is valued at $25, but it's available for $15 on Amazon

What PopSugar says:
"Our favorite actor, producer, and writer is back at it with her second book, Why Not Me?
Mindy Kaling shares a collection of essays that are not only laugh-out-loud funny, but they also shed light on her less-than-perfect fit in Hollywood."

FC2無料カウンター Savvy Sleepers Luxury Satin Pillowcase ($36) FC2無料カウンター

This is a pillow case, which is kind of weird, especially since there was only one instead of a pack of two, which I thought was normal but maybe not? *shrugs* No idea, but it's soft and I'll use it. Just, what a strange thing to receive in a subscription box! Although, I have been looking to replace my rough cotton pillowcases since I suspect they contribute to irritation on my face when I sleep, so now I can try this one and see how it works out for me!

What PopSugar says:
"The 100% satin pillows prevents sleep wrinkles, reduces hair breakage, and protects salon blowouts for the ultimate sleep experience."

FC2無料カウンター Easy Tiger Brown Paper Liquor Bag Set ($8) FC2無料カウンター

These are wine covers, which is also kind of a strange gift as I'm sure not all of PopSugar's subscribers are regular drinkers, but I suppose this will be cute for my house-warming (apartment-warming?) party when I move! PopSugar suggests using these for your next Halloween party as well, but they aren't even cute Halloween designs. :( I think if they had some pumpkins or bats or something on them, I'd be more excited.

What PopSugar says:
"These Easy, Tiger brown paper bags are perfect for your next housewarming or Halloween party to accompany your favorite bottle of wine. Cheers!"

FC2無料カウンター Belgian Boys De Stroopwafel ($1.59) & Richer Poorer Hope Slipper Socks ($15) FC2無料カウンター

Snacks and socks! Two of my favorite things. I love super fuzzy socks, and these stroopwafels go great with coffee! I ate them in about .2 seconds, whoops!

What PopSugar says:
"Belgian Boys De Stroopwafel: Your steaming cup of coffee or tea is now complete with this delicious caramel-filled waffle. With its crunchy outside and chewy inside, it's the perfect anytime pick-me-up!"

"Richer Poorer Hope Slipper Socks: We're wearing these pink slipper socks designed by POPSUGAR through October to support Breast Cancer Awareness. Richer Poorer proudly supports the fight against breast cancer and the important work of Right Action For Women."

FC2無料カウンター The Honest Company Sea Salt + Sugar Body Scrub ($17) & It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product ($11.96) FC2無料カウンター


Mmm, this sea salt and sugar scrub smells glorious! I have enough scrubs to last me a lifetime (well, maybe not, but you know what I mean), but I seriously think I'm going to skip the ones I have in queue to use this one first! It has a light, super sweet lemon-y scent that smells almost like candy and makes me want to shower just so I can use it! The It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product is something I already know that I love, so I was happy to see it in this box. It leaves my hair silky and shiny without weighing it down (which is important, because I have thin, oily hair!). Not to mention it's super affordable!

What PopSugar says:
"Honest Sea Salt + Sugar Body Scrub: This body scrub is just what your skin needs after a season in the sun. The whole grain sugars and sea salts exfoliate while the shea butter and almond oils hydrate for irresistibly silky skin."

"It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product: Detangle, add shine, and stop frizz with this leave in product that works miracles. Beyond offering 10 benefits in every bottle, It's a 10 Haircare is a proud partner of Right Action For Women, helping provide advanced career screening to women."

FC2無料カウンター Extras/Coupons, Including Danielle Stevens Monogram Gift Card ($40) FC2無料カウンター

And, of course, the usual coupons/gift cards that come in every box showed up in October's box as well. Included was a coupon for 20% off for Savvy Sleepers, and a gift card to Danielle Steven's, which seems to be a cute little online jewelry boutique. Nothing in the store is under $40 though, so if you want to cash this in, you'll have to spend a little. No big deal though, because the shop has some pretty adorable monogrammed stuff! This is meant to be a special extra that isn't included in the value of the box itself. 

FC2無料カウンター Final Verdict FC2無料カウンター
The October PopSugar Must Have box cost me $40 and has a total combined value of $154.55, or $114.55 without the $40 gift card. As usual, the prices are a tad inflated, which seems to be a constant amongst a lot of subscription box services. This particular box seemed a little strange to me when I first got a look at everything. Pillowcase, socks, and wine covers? It has a home-y feel to it I suppose, but the curation still seems odd. Although admittedly, I'll be using everything inside, and I happen to love all of these things individually (except for maybe the wine covers) so I guess this box is still sort of a win? Even when I think PopSugar lets me down, I end up using and enjoying everything inside!

If you'd like to sign up for your own PopSugar Must Have subscription, you can do so OVER HERE. Use code REFER5 or MUSTHAVE5 to get $5 off your first box!

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon