Beauteque Mask Maven September 2015 Review & Unboxing!


Hey loves! Today I'm going to be unboxing (unbagging?) the Beauteque Mask Maven bag, which is a sheet mask subscription. I love sheet masks. Seriously, they're my new addiction, I can't stop picking them up with every Kbeauty order I make. However, since my moving date is inching ever closer and I need (NEED!) to go on a no-buy, Mask Maven is an inexpensive, fun way to get my sheet mask fix while not breaking bank. Besides, I like a little mystery, and getting a surprise baggie of assorted sheet masks in the mail always puts a smile on my face!

What is the Beauteque Mask Maven Bag?

Beauteque's Mask Maven bag is a $15 monthly subscription service that will send you 9-11 various masks each month, including sheet masks, wash off masks, hand/foot/elbow masks, and more. 
The awesome thing about the Mask Maven sub is that usually, it can carry you throughout the month if your a 2-3x/week masker. For an every day sheet mask pro, this is still a pretty solid deal, since they seem to send a mixture of both popular and under-the-radar masks. 

Like many other subscriptions, you can save a few bucks here and there by subscribing for longer periods of time!

 A monthly sub costs $15 per month
 A 3-month sub costs $15 per month
 A 6-month sub costs $14 per month 
 A 12-month sub costs $13 per month

Shipping ranges from $3.95 to $9.95 depending on your location. Beauteque ships their Mask Maven bags to the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore. 

This is only my second month receiving a Mask Maven bag, so I'm excited to start using up all these delicious masks!  


Hanaka Lip Patch in "Rose": Lip patches aren't the most exciting masks in my opinion, but I'll use them on those rare occasions that I come across them, like in subscription boxes. I find that the effects last maybe a few hours, so I'm not a huge fan. Subbies would have either received peach, rose, or strawberry flavors, and I received rose, which is weird. I feel like peach and strawberry make sense, but why would I want roses anywhere near my mouth? *shrug* I don't expect this one to be much different, but hey, here's to hoping for a miracle!

What Mask Maven says: 
"This lip mask moisturizes and soothes to rejuvenate lips. To use: apply patch to lips for 15-30 minutes, then remove."

Hanaka Hydrogel Hyaluronic Acid and Cactus Eye Patch: I loooove me some hydrogels. I use them as a preventative measure, because I can already tell that as I get older, my eye area is going to be an issue. I already have a few under eye wrinkles (which I attribute to smashing my face into my pillow as I sleep) and I have crows feet (?) on my left eye from always resting my face on my hand at my desk. Plus, I have that "crinkly-eyed" smile where I use my whole face, so boom, more wrinkles. Combined with killer under eye circles and having to squint to see 2 feet in front of me, I can tell my eyes are gonna be wrinkle city, so I'd like to nip the problem in the bud before it gets worse. So I'm happy I got these. 

What Mask Maven says:
"This is a high density hydrogel patch that contains moisturizing ingredients that will effectively relieve irritation and soothe the fragile skin around your eyes. The essence in this mask contains ingredients, such as seaweed extract base, that are effective in moisturizing the skin. To use: Remove the film and place the patches under the eye. Keep the patches on for 10-15 minutes until the nutrients are fully absorbed. Remove the patches and gently use your fingers to pat any remaining essence into the skin until thoroughly absorbed."


FaceQ Aloe Moisture Mask: FaceQ is a Taiwanese brand that I have recently become acquainted with, and I am falling in love with their sheet masks! In general, Taiwanese masks seem to be top notch; nice fit with lots of essence that can be used for a few days after. For some reason though, aloe stuff tends to bore me. I don't know why, because it's an awesome ingredient that is touted to have a whole host of benefits, including anti-carcinogenic, anti-aging, and healing properties. I guess growing up with aloe being a home remedy for everything (seriously, my mother put aloe on ALL THE THINGS), I guess it's just not as exciting to me any more. Aloe juice though, I can get on board with that. That stuff's delicious. 

What Mask Maven says:
"This mask has the ingredient aloe, which is known to soothe and moisturize the skin. To use: Apply to cleansed face for 15-20 minutes, then remove and massage remaining essence into skin."

Annie's Way Mint Cooling Sheet Mask: This is another Taiwanese mask that I've been hearing about a lot in the AB community, because supposedly, they can hold up to Lovemore masks in quality and sheet mask awesomeness. I'm super excited to try this one, I hope the hype is true and these masks are as good as the Lovemore ones! There are about 4 different types that subscribers could have gotten, and I got the Mint Cooling variety. I love everything mint, so I'm supper happy I got this one.

What Mask Maven says:
"Annie's Way, a known name in wash off masks from Taiwan, is also a respected one in the sheet mask category and boasts over 25 varieties. Types include anti-acne, anti-wrinkle, and even anti-allergy. A mask of thinner material ensures that more essence absorbs into your skin more effectively. To use: Apply to clean skin for 15-20 minutes, then massage remaining essence into skin."

Baviphat Urban Dollkiss Money Masks: Beauteque featured a wide selection of money masks from Baviphat in this month's Mask Maven bag. I've tried these masks before, and I honestly wasn't impressed. While they aren't the worst masks imaginable, they're made from a thicker cotton that doesn't adhere to the skin well, and they're a lot drier than many sheet masks I've tried, clocking in at only 15ml of essence in each mask. Luckily, I have a Daiso silicone mask cover, so hopefully they'll stay wet for longer than the 15 minutes that they held up for last time I used them. 


1. Baviphat Urban Dollkiss US Dollar Moistful Mask ($50 USD): Keep your skin hydrated and resilient with this mask's aloe and honey extracts. Snail secrete filtrate adds additional moisture, and helps to firm skin.

2. Baviphat Urban Dollkiss Korean Won Lifting Up Mask (5000 KRW): Fight sagging skin and wrinkles and firm it up with this lifting mask! Four kinds of peptides and collagen work to restore and keep skin firm and lively.

3. Baviphat Uran Dollkiss European Euro Solution Mask (1,000,000 EURO): Relieve skin from daily stress and revive it with this mask. Centella Asiatica extract, which can heal and help promote collagen growth, is included. 

4. Baviphat Urban Dollkiss UK Pound Essential Mask (20 Pounds): This mask has ginseng callus extracts which can help increase elasticity, vitality, and encourage regeneration ability within skin cells.

5. Baviphat Urban Dollkiss Japan Yen Revital Mask (10,000 Yen): Regenerate and revitalize your skin with this mask. It includes herbal extracts, aloe extracts, as well as althase rosea extract which will help reduce inflammation. 

6. Baviphat Urban Dolkiss China RMB Clean Mask (100 RMB): Hyaluronic Acid, fruit extracts, and vitamins work together to deep cleanse skin and leave it moisturized.

7. Baviphat Urban Dollkiss Swiss Franc Be Light Mask (10 CHF): This mask has 7 kinds of floral extracts which work together to brighten skin. It will also reduce the appearance of dark spots. 

To use Baviphat Urban Dollkiss Sheet Masks: Apply to clean skin for 15-20 minutes, then remove and massage remaining essence into skin. 

*slinks off in shame because of my horrible 2 week old nails* 

The Beauteque Mask Maven Bag is one of those subscriptions that I love the idea of, and generally enjoy, but can sometimes fall a little flat. Not every sub box is going to cater to every one all of the time, and there will be some months that just leave you saying "...meh". This, unfortunately was one of those month's for me. While I absolutely adore getting masks in the mail, I didn't quite enjoy how this months was so focused on only one brand of sheet mask. While there were a few exciting masks thrown in (a lip and eye mask, woo!) I feel like all the money masks made this month a little less exciting. Not to mention, they were very dry and had barely 15ml of essence in each. If I'm going to be paying $1.36 per sheet mask, I expect a little quality, at least on par with My Beauty Diary Masks. Even Dermal masks are effective, and I routinely stock up on those when I can find them for around $0.65 each, so at $15, I'm disappointed that I'll only be using 4 out of 11 masks. I'd like to give them away, but I don't even think I can give away such crappy masks without feeling bad. Hopefully, next month will be much better.

What did you think of this month's Mask Maven bag?

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon