Mini Review: Son & Park Beauty Water


The Son & Park Beauty Water was a purchase I was sitting on for quite awhile. I don't normally use cleansing waters, I prefer the old face wash-and-water method to get off all of my makeup at the end of the day. But I decided to give this a shot because it's so talked about in the world of Kbeauty, and many a beauty blogger has given this raving reviews, so I had to cave and see what it was all about. I got this bottle from Memebox for around $25.

This Beauty Water is kind of a multi-purpose wonder product, and can be used as a toner to prep your skin for makeup, a way to refresh your skin mid-day, and a first cleanser in the evening to remove makeup, oil, and the grime of the day. It cleanses like a toner, gently exfoliates, brightens and hydrates to make your skin look clean and beautiful.



The ingredients list is what really caught my eye at first, because it's chocked-full of yummy, good-for-your-skin stuff such as:
 Coconut, corn, potato, and wheat to cleanse.
 Willow bark and papaya extracts to exfoliate by lifting impurities and dead skin cells.
 Rose water, lavender, and orange fruit extracts to deliver an intense boost of hydration.
Those are some pretty stellar ingredients! I've been trying to go natural in every aspect of my life (although skincare is very much the hardest area to do that for me), so I appreciate that Son & Park includes some super yummy, natural ingredients to boost the health and vitality of skin. Going natural in skin care isn't for everyone, and I doubt it will be for me really, with my tendency toward oily skin, but it's nice to know that my skin care products are working to make me gorgeous as naturally as possible!



So definitely multi-purpose! The packaging is very sophisticated in the form of a beautiful 340ml bottle with a sleek, minimalistic design that looks gorgeous on my dresser, and the scent is very faint and floral. I wouldn't say it's a natural scent, but it isn't overpowering by any standards and I doubt even the most sensitive of people would be offended by the scent. This also has a pH of 5, which makes it gentle on the skin and acid-mantle friendly, since maintaining the acid mantle of your skin is important to avoid messy breakouts, dehydration, and irritation. If you're a user of alkaline cleansers (cleansers that are higher in pH), then using this after double cleansing will help reset your skin to a suitable pH so that you can move on with the next steps of your skincare routine.

This product works best to prep the skin for a dewy, fresh look, and I can definitely say that it does just that! I love using this mostly as a toner, as it's so refreshing to use and leaves my skin glowing and radiant, and a little less oily, even though that's not a benefit that Son & Park advertises. Still, I'll take it, because anything that can stop my skin from being oily is a keeper in my book!


While I don't replace this as a first cleanser (I like to stick to my tried-and-true oil cleansing routine), I find it works well to get my makeup off first thing when I get home at the end of the day, since I don't like to sit around in my makeup unless I'm going somewhere. I love the fact that it comes in such a huge bottle, so if you're traveling or a regular gym go-er, you can decant just a little bit in a travel spray bottle to take with you on the go! Especially since working out with makeup on is so bad for your skin, it would be easy to throw a decant into your gym bag to refresh pre- and post-workout!

You can also use this after applying your actives (such as an AHA or BHA) to remove any residue, or after a sheet mask sesh to wipe off any extra essence that your skin won't absorb. I've also seen a few people put some in a spray bottle to take the place of their facial mists, and spray a little bit of Beauty Water throughout the day to refresh and hydrate their skin. I'm definitely going to carry a little around with me in my bag for those days when it gets too hot here, so I can have an instant pick me up!

Have you tried the Son & Park Beauty Water? What do you think?

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon