Mishibox November 2015 Review & Unboxing


November's Mishibox was one of my favorite Mishiboxes so far, and that is due to one thing - snails! This month brought a bunch of gooey, snail-y goodness, as well as a bunch of super-useable-but-still-fun products that I can't wait to dive in to. On to the review!

What is Mishibox?
Mishibox is a US-based Korean beauty subscription service that delivers a combination of 4-6 deluxe sized samples and full-sized Korean beauty products to your doorstep every month. Mishibox is one of the only Kbeauty subscription boxes on the market so far, so if you're looking for a convenient and effortless way to experience new Korean beauty products, Mishibox is a great way to do that.

Mishibox ships to both the US and Canada, and costs $19.99 per month. You are guaranteed at least one full-sized item, but from what I've seen, Mishibox often brings a few full-sized products every month. 



Mishibox always comes beautifully wrapped in colorful tissue paper with the cutest sticker and info card!


D'RAN Wonder Snail Treatment Cream ($43) - I'm going to start with this cream first, because I don't think I've ever been so excited about a cream that I received in a subscription box before. While I've only used this a whopping 7 times total, it's still one of the only products that's ever had a dramatic and immediate effect on my skin. Normally, it takes a few uses for my skin to even start benefiting from a product, but as soon as I put this cream on, my skin drank it up and was baby-butt soft for the entire day. Shocked, I used it morning and night for another 3 days, and my skin has never been softer. 


This cream contains 10% snail secretion filtrate (not as gross as it sounds, I promise!) and silkworm cocoon extract, and is supposed to help diminish scar tissue, enhance the skins barrier, and help restore radiance and moisture. This cream is also great for soothing redness and improving skin texture, which I find to be 100% true (I suffer from redness around my cheeks/nose area). It also contains niacinamide (as the 7th ingredient) for brightening/whitening. No news yet on how effective this cream is for brightening, but for improving skin texture and reducing redness, this cream blows every other cream I have out of the park so far. I'll keep using this for a few weeks and then write up a thorough review, but first impression? I can't believe I found this gem in a $20 subscription box.



White Cat Vita-White Mask Pack ($3) - How cute is this mask?! This is a typical sheet mask, but is so adorable! Subscribers had the option of receiving either the Vita-White 2-Times mask, the Charcoal Pore Tightening mask, or the Spa Potion Aqua Wrinkle mask, and I received the Vita-White, which would have been my first choice anyway.  I haven't yet opened this, but it's high up on my list of sheet masks to use, since I love masks that have brightening/whitening properties (as I have some serious hyperpigmetation issues to tackle). All three masks are free of parabens, mineral oil, benzophenone, petrolatum, imidazolidinyl urea, talc, sulfate, and BHT. 


Secret Key Snail + EGF Repairing Eye Cream ($17) - I think I've found another favorite! If you know me, you'll know that I have a serious issue with most eye creams. We don't like each other. I find most eye creams to be goopy or too heavy, and they usually never sink into my eye area (no matter how little I put on) and instead sit there making my eyelids greasy and giving me milia. This eye cream from Secret Key, however, is absolutely fantastic feeling. It's not too heavy, and sinks right in without making my eyelids/eye area greasy while still providing an adequate amount of moisture. I have no idea how well this will work at reducing fine lines/wrinkles long term, but it does fill in fine lines temporarily and doesn't make me feel greasy and gross, so it's automatically on my good side. image


Tony Moly Fresh Cleansing Tissue ($5/15 Sheets) - Yay! I don't know about you, but I like receiving facial wipes in subscription boxes (well, usually. Sometimes they burn off my face). I tend to go through these like water, so I'm glad to have another pack, even if it's a mini! This water-type facial cleansing tissue contains baking powder to remove heavy makeup and impurities while also cleansing clogged pores. I don't know how I feel about baking soda in my skin care, but I'll give these a try anyway for when I want to get my makeup off in a hurry when I get home. 


Etude House Premiercell Skin Softener and Emulsion (Full Size: $28/ea) - More skin softeners and emulsions! Mishibox seems to love skin softener/emulsion duos, since they sent out some last month as well! Etude House is one of my favorite K-beauty brands, as well as one of the brands that introduced me to Korean/Asian cosmetics, so I'm happy to try these out! The dual function softener acts as a toner and provides anti-aging and whitening benefits to help make skin smooth, firm, and moisturized. The emulsion is a light moisturizer (that's perfect for oilier skin tones!) that also has anti-aging/whitening/brightening benefits. Both products include niacinamide to to help lighten hyperpigmentation due to acne scars or sun exposure, and reduce the appearance of aging skin.


Final Verdict - I absolutely adored this month's Mishibox. Every product will be used, and some of my favorite brands were sent out, along with what could potentially be one of my favorite moisturizers, as well as an eye cream that I don't hate (which is a miracle in itself!). There's a little bit of everything - facial cleansing wipes, a sheet mask, a toner/skin softener, and emulsion, and a cream, which is pretty much half my routine anyway! I've been a bit disappointed in my subscription boxes lately; a lot of them have been lackluster for me. I've found myself cancelling many a subscription, although I can't exactly pinpoint the reason why, so I'm happy that Mishibox really hit it out of the park this month. I can't wait to see what next month brings; keep it up, Mishi! 

If you'd like to sign up for your own Mishibox subscription, you can do so OVER HERE. Happy sheetmasking! 

1 comment

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon