Birchbox November 2015 Review & Unboxing


My October Birchbox arrived super late, so it feels like I'm getting two boxes back to back! I've come back to Birchbox after a short hiatus because I missed getting fun skincare samples, and this box definitely has a lot of that! Spoiler: this month was a good'un.

FC2無料カウンター What is Birchbox? FC2無料カウンター
Birchbox is a monthly subscription box service that sends you around 4-7 beauty/makeup samples for $10. When you sign up, you'll fill out a short survey of your preferences and they'll send you samples of products that they think you'd enjoy. This is a great way to try new products before you buy them, and is also a fun little beauty surprise to receive on your doorstep every month!

Every box usually comes with around 5 or so samples. Birchbox offers a points system as well, and to earn points, you have to go on the Birchbox website and submit a short review of the items you received. For each review you submit, you are rewarded 10 Birchbox points, which is equal to $1 to spend in their shop. So really, you're spending $10 per box, but getting $5 back in store credit to spend on other awesome goodies! This comes in handy when you find a product you really love in a monthly box, because then you can use the store credit you've accumulated to essentially get it for free if you have enough points!  You also get 1 point for every dollar you spend in their shop, and sometimes Birchbox offers extra points for coupons that you can combine to save even more $$$!

This month doesn't seem to have a theme besides November, but it does seem to be all about pampering and polishing!

"The holiday festivities are on the horizon, and theirs a chill in the air - what better reasons to spend a little more time pampering and polishing? Indulgence can take many forms: sometimes it's sinking into a bubble bath with a great book, other times it's grabbing a girlfriend for a manicure date on a Sunday afternoon. This month is all about making space for those moments. Slather on that luxe face mask, try out that new hairstyle for date night, and head into the most wonderful (and hectic) season feeling like your best."


Such beautiful packaging!



Beenigma All In One Face Cream (Full size: $69-$129) - This is a face cream made with bee venom and manuka honey to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. I was so freaking happy to see a honey product in this month's box, because I've been obsessed with all things honey lately, and bee venom/propolis are my best friends, so it's nice to be reacquainted. The cream has a heavy honey smell, and is pretty thick and moisturizing as far as I can tell.

"Bee venom has been getting a lot of buzz (sorry, we couldn't resist!), and now we know why: it's basically the Botox of the natural world, minus the needles. Made of New Zealand bee venom and 20+ Manuka honey, this paraben-free cream increases collagen and elastin production, lifting, plumping, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Even better: it renews damaged skin cells, giving you a youthful, radiant glow."


Dr. Jart+ Water Replenishment Mask (Full size: $7.50) - This is a refreshing cotton sheet mask loaded with a hydrating serum that's great for nourishing dry, parched skin. I absolutely adore sheet masks and they're a staple in my routine, so I'm glad to have another one. I haven't yet tried any Dr. Jart masks, so I' excited to give this one a go because I heard they're pretty good. 

"Face masks aren't just good at getting rid of the bad stuff (impurities, dull skin): They're also grreat for infusing our complexion with the things it so desperately needs, like moisture. This light, refreshing cotton mask is loaded with a hydrating serum, letting us nourish our dry, parched skin and achieve a dewy look."


Obliphica Professional Seaberry Serum (Full size: $38) - This is a nourishing serum that's designed to revive damaged, colored, and all around unmanageable hair without weighing it down. I've been getting into doing more for my hair lately since it's getting pretty long (I used to not put anything into it*gasp*), so I'm actually glad to receive some hair care stuff. This is apparently for medium to coarse hair textures, and I have fine hair, so I'll have to see if I can make this work long term. It's a bit thick and smells lovely, so I can't wait to see how it works after multiple days of use!

"Sometimes the best treatments take time and maintenance, but in a 140 character-based world, sometime we want a little more instant gratification. Once applied, this nourishing serum gets to work, reviving damaged, colored, and all around unmanageable hair without weighing it down - for a smooth, shiny Instagram-worthy finish."

Parlor by Jeff Chastain Touchable Curl Cream (Full size: $24) - Another hair product! While I'm not super excited about two hair products in one box, this cream is supposed to have the silky texture of a serum while providing a light, gentle hold. Thankfully I have wavy hair, so I can use this. Maybe Birchbox listened to my preferences after all!

"Curls gone wild? Add some definition and control to your hair with this amazing curl cream. It will help maintain and create soft curls that look au natural. This innovative formula from PARLOR by Jeff Chastain combines the silky texture of a serum with the light hold of a cream so it won't weigh down your locks. Now you can give your straightener a break and set your locks free - from frizz, from heat, and from time consuming relaxing treatments. Looks like your morning routine just got a whole lot easier. All products from the line are safe for color-treated hair and are free of sulfates, parabens, and gluten."


bbrowbar Brow Definer in Cinnamon Spice (Full size: $25) - This is a waterproof, smudgeproof, and easy-on definer that creates soft, shapely, fuller brows with a matte finish. I'm glad I got this, because I've been wanting to try out some new brow defining products. This seems like it might be a little light for me since my hair is black, but I think I could somehow make it work. Plus, it doesn't require sharpening, which is always nice. :D

"The definition of brows that wow is the result of this brow tool. Not only is it waterproof, smudge-proof, and super easy to glide on, but it also creates soft, shapely, fuller brows with a contemporary matte finish. The definer helps fill in the smallest of gaps thanks to a slim, retractable tip, and provides brows with nourishing vitamins and anti-aging antioxidants."

FC2無料カウンター Final Verdict FC2無料カウンター

Like last month, I really enjoyed my November Birchbox. All of these samples are for products that I will use, and I'm glad to see a sheet mask and a full sized brow pencil in this month' box! All of these products seem to be things that I've been needing lately: a new brow pencil, hair products, and a face cream! I adore sheet masks, so there's not much to say there except I'm super happy to see one. While I wish there had been something else in place of the second hair product, I can't say I'm too disappointed. Maybe I'm just in the holiday spirit, but I'm really enjoying this box!

If you'd like to subscribe to Birchbox, you can do so OVER HERE. Hopefully, you'll get sent a sheet mask too!

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon