Target Beauty Box Holiday For Her 2015 Review & Unboxing



Hello lovely readers! Long time no see! I've been away for quite awhile dealing with end-of-semester insanity, and have also been working through some personal stuff n' thangs, so I haven't had a lot of extra time to review things on here, Truth be told, typing up thorough reviews is not as easy as it seems, and I haven't had a lot of spoons left over to really muster up a good blog post in quite awhile. I'm thinking of maybe moving things (product reviews and whatnot) to my Instagram account until further notice, since I'll be taking 18 credit hours worth of classes next semester and it's a lot easier to type out an Instagram post than it is to do a full-length blog review. Let me know - would you rather see mini reviews on Insta, or full-length reviews here? Let me know in the comments, or comment on one of my Insta posts if you have a preference (there's a link to my IG in the sidebar!)

Anyway, since I have a bit of spare time I'm going to review the Target Beauty Box for the month of December. This is my first time snagging a Beauty Box since they sell out so quickly (I'm always slow to the game, I suppose) so I'm excited to talk about it! This month was filled with some pretty awesome stuff, not gonna lie.

What is the Target Beauty Box?
The Target Beauty Box is a non-subscription box that Target releases every so often for $10 per box. Inside comes some of Target's popular beauty picks, and can bring anything from makeup and cosmetics to beauty tools and skincare, with a guaranteed $50 value in every box. Target never announces when they're going to release their next beauty box, so you have to periodically check in to see if they're in stock, and then POUNCE. Because these babies go quick (this one, unfortunately, is sold out).


Hair Food Dry Shampoo ($4.99) - Free of sulfates and parabens, this lightweight formula absorbs excess oils to give hair an instant refresh. I absolutely LOVE the scent! It's infused with kiwi fragrance that just makes me want to use it all the time, every day. Alas, I do actually have to wash my hair sometimes. Seriously though, I have been really into dry shampoo lately. It speaks to my inner lazy.




Covergirl Star Wars Lipstick in "Red" ($5.99) - Limited edition lipsticks available in 6 shades will make you a force to be reckoned with this holiday season. I got what is apparently a "red" color, but looks more like a burgundy/purplish-red to me. My camera doesn't pick up on it, but there are tiny flecks of glitter in it. I don't really know if I'll like this shade, but I'm totally still wearing it to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens premiere on the 17th. Along with my Star Wars sweatpants, no shame.



Maybelline Push Up Drama Mascara ($7.49) - Creamy new plumping formula delivers instant volume, while cup-shaped bristles scoop and lift lashes. I haven't tried this one out yet because I have a few other mascaras in my lineup that are waiting to be used, but it seems like a pretty standard drugstore mascara. Although Maybelline does mascara right, in my humble opinion.


Cerave Eye Repair Cream (Full size: $9.79) - Marine and botanical extracts help repair and restore the delicate barrier around the eyes, while hyaluronic acid works to hydrate the skin. While I'm absolutely up to my neck in eye creams that I'll probably never get through, the ingredients in this one look alluring. And I've never tried Cerave's eye cream before... *sigh* looks like I'll probably have another open tube! At least this one is tiny.


Goody Ouchless Elastics Sweat Stretch (Full size: $2.89) - Moisture-wicking fabric keeps you cool and dry while providing comfortable hold during activity. I mean...I guess I'm glad that my hair tie can keep me cool and dry more than it normally does? I don't think my hair really sweats all that much...? Still, these are useful and will come in handy, since I always seem to be losing my hair ties. I swear, there's probably a graveyard under my bed of hair ties and bobby pins.


Pacifica Love^3 Eye Shadow Trio ($9.99) - Coconut infused, velvety mineral eye shadows offer staying power and a smooth finish. I didn't open these to swatch them because I think I'm going to be giving this trio away as a gift, but I have a Pacifica eye shadow palette and the colors are really creamy and natural looking, although they don't have a lot of pigmentation,


Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream (Full size: $32) - Hydro ionized mineral water and Biogen technology provide 24 hours of continuous hydration. I feel like Laneige was a train that took off when I was totally not paying attention, because I just did not jump on that bandwagon. I am glad that I finally get to try a Laneige moisturizer though, because I wouldn't really want to dish out $32 for a full size cream without trying it first! From what I've heard though, Laneige is a pretty solid brand.


Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream ($9.99) - Anti-aging ingredients penetrate up to 10 layers deep into skin's surface to boost hydration and brightness while helping to reduce the appearance of lines. I never really know how to feel about Olay; I've just never been attracted to the brand, I guess. I don't know that I really need an anti-aging cream, but I suppose it'd be fun to try it out. It's a bit heavy though, and leaves a greasy-feeling sheen on my skin unlike the Laneige cream. That's the fun part about beauty boxes though, getting to try products that I otherwise wouldn't think twice about!


Final Verdict - This was a really awesome first box! As someone who absolutely adores Target but doesn't often find the time to browse the aisles, this is the perfect way for me to discover new drug store brands that I wouldn't have heard about otherwise. These are all solid products which I'll definitely get around to using (or if not, they'd make great stocking stuffers!). Overall, I'm pretty pleased, and I hope I can snag the next box! They usually come out every month or so, so keep your eyes peeled! They sell like hotcakes. :D

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon