Yuno Hana Soap & Bath Salts Review


I'm excited to bring this review to you, because I've been apart of the review base for the company that sent these products to me, and it's been so incredibly fun! I received a few products from 08L recently, and one of them was a package of Yunohana Yuza Soap & Bath Powder. If you're unfamiliar with 08L (pronounced point eight liter), they're a new
review site that can be likened to Influenster, in the fact that they send products out to you for free in exchange for a public review on your Instagram or Facebook as well as their website. Except 08L is leagues better than Influenster because it's much easier to get chosen for products (no need to constantly review, as social editors are selected via random generator), and they actually send full sized products, no samples here! I started reviewing products that 08L sends me months ago, but I wanted to start introducing these reviews to my blog readers, as I think 08L is an awesome company and something everyone can take part in. They also send out a wide variety of products, from makeup and skincare to clothing, accessories, food, you name it! They also offer a huge variety of western products (lately they've sent out a beautiful NikkiTutorials x Too Faced palatte), so even if you aren't big on K-beauty, there's something for everyone!

My latest products from 08L include a bar of mineral soap and some bath powder from the company Yunohana. I can't find much info about the company online unfortunately, but I do know that these products are made in Japan. My package came with a 100g bar of mineral soap, and two 60g packets of bath powder.



Unfortunately, I couldn't find any ingredient information for this soap (talk about hard to find!) so use with discretion! If you have a tough time deciphering the Engrish instructions, just use it as you would any other bar of soap. You can also use it in the shower, and mix a bit of the Yuno Hana powder along with the mineral soap.




The bar of mineral soap is pretty big (my chubby little hand for scale) and it smells like...my grandma's house. In a good way. It's a very light, fresh scent that smells a bit citrusy, maybe a little lemon-y, but definitely not as strong as I expected it to be. The soap is supposed to help maintain smooth, moist skin, and contains aloe vera to help provide moisture. I first tried the soap on my hands, and it left them a bit dry, so I hesitantly used it to cleanse my face. The result turned my face into a desert. I got that very dry, squeaky feeling that means this must be a high pH soap. Lo and behold, I busted out my beloved pH testing strips, and the pH clocked in at a solid 8. The high pH and the tight, dry feeling it left behind means this is definitely not going to be touching my face again anytime soon. I tried it again on my body mixed with a bit of the bath powder, and it definitely felt less dry, but truth be told, I just can't be bothered to mix them both in the shower everyday, so this bar is probably going to be delegated to hand soap status in my bathroom. I wouldn't repurchase. 



Ingredients:
Yunohana Extract, Sodium Sesquicarbonate, L-Tartaric Acid, Potassium Pyrophosphate, Silicon Dioxide, Canthaxanthin. 



I also received a package of bath salts along with the mineral soap, and I like this a lot more! This can be used for a variety of purposes, and is supposed to bring relief to dry, itchy skin. Directions say to pour 30-60g (or one spoonful) of product into bath water to use as a soak, or you could put 1-2 teaspoons in your sink/washstand and rinse your face with the water. This is also safe for babies, and can be used to help with rough skin, heat rash, eczema, diaper rash, and congenital fever. I'm not sure what "Yunohana Extract" is (my attempts at finding out more info on their website were thwarted by my inability to speak Korean), but it has a nice, short ingredients list.

I've used this both as a face rinse and a bath soak, and as a bath soak, it's lovely. It turns the water a bright yellow, and it has the same slightly citrus, kind-of-like-grandma's-house scent as the mineral soap. It's very relaxing and leaves my skin feeling clean without being tight or dry. The scent doesn't linger long afterwards, so that's a plus for me. As a face rinse, it's okay, my face felt a little dry after, but not as badly as after using the mineral soap. I'll probably continue using this as a bath soak, as my skin felt very soft and clean afterwards!

As usual, some products are hits, and some are misses. I might repurchase the bath salts, but since my bathtub is tiny, I don't often do soaks in it (I can't wait to find an apartment with a bigger tub!). Overall, this was a fun experience, and being a 08L member is a great chance to try out a wide variety of products that you've never used before. I've actually found some favorites thanks to 08L! All you need to be a social editor is an active, public Facebook/Instagram account with more than 100 followers, and reside in the US. That's it! No special qualifications, and you don't need to be a blogger either, just someone who likes to try out products for free! If you'd like to sign up to be a 08L social editor, you can do so here. Don't forget to link your Instagram/Facebook account so you can be chosen for campaigns!

If you'd like to shop the rest of the Yunohana line, you can do so here. Have you tried out this soap and bath salts? If you're already familiar with 08L, what is your favorite product that you've received? Let me know in the comments!

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon