JORD Wood Watches Review


One thing that has always intrigued me was using wood for things that you wouldn't normally use wood for. Years ago, it would have been unheard of to use wood for jewelry/accessories, accept for those cute but cheaply made bracelets that you'd get at the county fair because some pushy salesman finagled $6 out of you for a wristlet with your astrological sign on it (guilty - I've been there).

However, things have been shifting in the consumer market, and wood has been trending when it comes to accessories, with wood watches popping up all over! So when JORD/Woodwatches.com contacted me asking me to provide an unbiased review for one of their watches, I was excited, but skeptical. Will a watch made out of wood be as durable as it claims? Will it fit my wrist/be difficult to size? (I have chunky wrists, thanks mom/genetics!). Does this even fit in with the theme of my blog? But then I decided that yes, I'd love a new watch because wood, and yes, because sustainability is cool, and I like to support environmentally friendly things, including watches.


One of my favorite things about this watch is the craftsmanship that has gone into making it, specifically, the face. It's a beautiful, subtle gold that feels well-made yet somehow dainty and fashionable. The wooden wristband I expected to feel heavy/clunky, yet it's incredibly lightweight and sometimes I don't even notice that I have it on. This is one of the best features of the watch for me, since I particularly loathe clunky jewelry and usually wind up taking everything off of my wrists in a huff when things start to feel too heavy/in the way. This Zebrawood & Champagne model from The Frankie Series is so comfortable to wear, lightweight, and goes with pretty much any style. JORD also offers watches tailored specifically to both men and women.


This watch is made using sustainably-harvested Zebrawood, and finished with tung oils. It's also scratch proof and water resistant, which is perfect for me since I tend to bang up my watches a pretty good deal while I'm hiking, exercising, or just being my regular clumsy self. A great aspect of JORD watches is that they're very easy to resize, and JORD even supplies their own wrist measuring guide to help you find the perfect fit right at home.


Most watches come in a series of different colors/styles, and there are tons of different models to choose from - each within their own price bracket. These watches could easily be considered a high end/luxury item, with prices ranging anywhere from $139 to $275 (the model I'm wearing above retails for $189). Caring for the watches is relatively simple, avoid submerging the watch (you don't have to worry if it gets splashed, but since it's untreated wood, it can expand when it gets too wet), avoid excessively hot/cold and dry/humid environments,  and use a bit of orange or lemon oil to clean.


Would I recommend JORD wood watches? I would say yes! These watches are masterfully made, totally sustainable, and resist damage well. I think the model I chose is pretty unisex, and would go great with a number of different outfits and styles. I also think they would make great gifts! I wanted a watch that I could not only use for special occasions, but also for everyday wear - and the Zebrawood & Champagne Frankie series has treated me well so far. For $189, I'd definitely say this is a good investment if you're in the market for a timelessly fashionable, yet sustainable watch. You can see more styles offered on JORD's website here. Wooden Wrist Watch

Disclosure: This watch was sent to me for free for the purposes of an unbiased review. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate/referral links. 

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon