Ole Henriksen Power Bright Influenster Vox Box


I was so excited to be chosen for another Vox Box, especially so when I realized that it was chock full of Ole Henriksen products to sample! I've only just gotten back into Influenster, so I was surprised to be chosen for another Vox Box so quickly (but who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth, eh?). This one came with deluxe samples of the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Facial Cream, Truth Serum Collagen Booster, and 3-Step Brightening Treatment, along with some professional cleaning sponges. Huzzah!



Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Facial Cream (Full Size: $38) - This oil-free moisturizer has a lightweight, whipped texture that aims to relieve dryness, dark spots, and uneven texture and skin tone. It's infused with fruit acids to gently exfoliate, and pea extract, sugar, and vitamin C work together to fade dark spots and even skin tone. It also contains licorice for brightening and chamomile to calm skin. It apparently can be used as a base for makeup application, but I haven't used it as such yet. It's a very creamy moisturizer that goes on thick but sinks in quickly and leaves my skin incredibly soft. Like, so soft it feels unreal. I can see myself using this moisturizer a lot, and perhaps even purchasing the full size, despite my love for Asian moisturizers!


Noted Ingredients: 

  • Vitamin C: Brightens, boosts collagen, and firms; provides antioxidant protection from environmental damage. 
  • Licorice: Naturally lightens dark spots and discoloration. 
  • Pea Extract and Sugar: Corrects and prevents hyperpigmentation. 
  • Chamomile: Calms and conditions skin. 

Other Ingredients:
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Steareth-20, Steareth-2, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Berberis Vulgaris Root Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Superoxide Dismutase, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Sorbitol, Calcium Ascorbate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Dimethiconol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Sucrose Dilaurate, p-Anisic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.


Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster (Full Size: $48) - This was the product I was most excited to receive! This is a high potency serum that's formulated with a proprietary 5-source vitamin C complex to help brighten, boost collagen, and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It's enriched with green tea extract and sodium hyaluronate and is oil free, as well as paraben, sulfate, and phthalate free. It has a light, citrus-y scent and is light orange in color. I've been using this daily for about 2 weeks, and while I have noticed some subtle brightening, I don't quite think I would pay almost $50 for the full sized bottle. Another thing that turns me off is the fact that this serum is orange; most vitamin C serums turn orange when oxidized, and the fact that they made the serum orange could easily hide oxidation, so I would have no idea when the product is no longer effective. A small design flaw, but admittedly a deal breaker for me. I really like the serum, but I need to be able to tell when my vitamin C serum has kicked the bucket.


Noted Ingredients:

  • Proprietary Five-Source Vitamin C Complex: Brightens, supports natural collagen, firms, and provides essential antioxidant protection. 
  • Green Tea Extract: Soothes and protects against free radical damage. 
  • Sodium Hyaluronate: Binds moisture to the skin and replenishes lost hydration.
  • Vitamin E: Heals, restores, and nourishes.

Other Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Acerbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasis Offinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance, Yellow 6 (CI 15985).

Ole Henriksen Power Bright 3-Step Treatment (Full Size: $55) - A professional 3-step brightening system made with 25% vitamin C concentrate reverse dullness, uneven skin tone, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This was admittedly the most fun part of the box, because I got to sample three different OH products that I've never tried before. The treatment sleeve contains three numbered pods, The first step is the Truth Sugar Glow Polishing mask, which is a sugar scrub treatment enriched with sugar, honey, and pomegranate seed powder to buff away dull, dead skin. The sugar crystals in this were humongous, which was off putting at first as I prefer more gentle scrubs, but it buffed away dead skin nicely and left my face surprisingly soft (I say surprisingly because I tried not to move it around my face much, since I was afraid of overexfoliation). It also smelled delicious, just like sugar and citrus! The instructions said to leave it on for 5-10 minutes, and I left it on for 5.

Noted Ingredients:

  • Raw Sugar: Gently polishes and smooths with natural AHAs. 
  • Honey: Natural humectant hydrates and soothes. 
  • Rose Hips: Brightens and rejuvenates with vitamins A and C and omegas 3 and 6.
  • Pomegranate Seeds: Deeply cleanse, exfoliate dead, dull skin, and refine pores.

Ingredients:
Glycerin, Sucrose, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Water, Polyglyceryl-10 Behenate/Eicosadioate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Honey / Mel / Miel, Glyceryl Stearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera / Cire de Candelilla, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Punica Granatum Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment Extract, Citric Acid, Tocopherol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene.
The second step was the Truth 25% Vitamin C Concentrate, which is a kind of wash-off mask that you're supposed to leave on the skin for 2-3 minutes. It dries down slightly, and is followed by step three without washing it off. It was a thick, tan colored mask that had the same citrus-y smell that OH products tend to have. It was very calming and cooling at first, and tingled slightly, especially around my nose area. This is NOT removeable with water alone; I actually had to use a bit of cleansing balm to remove it from my hands as it was very heavy and greasy feeling. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a full ingredients list for this.

The third and final step in the treatment is the Pure Truth Melting Cleanser, which you're supposed to rub into the skin on top of step 2, and then gently remove after 10-15 minutes with the professional cleansing sponge. This was a thick, neon-orange colored jelly that warmed up slightly upon application and performed some kind of magic that allowed the vitamin C concentrate to rinse away clean. I left this on for about 10 minutes, because once again, I feared overexfoliation. I'm glad I removed it after only 10 minutes, because the warming, tingling sensation crossed the threshold into "slightly uncomfortable", and the area around my nose started burning. After removing, my skin was slightly redder than what I'm comfortable with, but I'm fairly certain it was due to the high concentration of vitamin C from the previous step. The redness died down a few minutes later and my skin was incredibly soft and supple.

Noted Ingredients:

  • Vitamin C: Brightens, supports natural collagen, and neutralizes free radicals. 
  • Rose Hip Oil: Natural source of omega 3, 6, and 9; regenerates, repairs, and nourishes. 
  • Virgin Cherry Oil: Rich in vitamins and antioxidants; reduces redness and hydrates. 

Other Ingredients:
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Water, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Sucrose Laurate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Prunus Avium (Sweet Cherry) Seed Oil, Prunus Cerasus (Bitter Cherry) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Limonene, Citral, Annatto (CI 75120).

These sponges were also included in the box, and are meant to help remove the vitamin C concentrate and Pure Truth Melting Cleanser. They came dehydrated, but puffed up immediately when I ran one under water. These were super soft and so fun to use!

I had so much fun with this box! The sample sizes are a lot bigger than what I was expecting, and my skin was very happy with the results. I don't think I would do this treatment more than twice a month though, since my skin is a bit sensitive and I feel like any more than every other week usage might lead to overexfoliation and angry, red skin. I would definitely consider repurchasing the Sheer Transformation Facial Cream and the Truth Sugar Glow Polishing Mask on their own. I also absolutely loved the Pure Truth Melting Cleanser, its so refreshing to use, and I'm surprised at how well it broke down the heavy, greasy-feeling vitamin C concentrate without feeling heavy or weighing down my skin.

Did you receive the Ole Henriksen Vox Box? What did you think?

(Disclaimer: The products in this box were sent to me free for review by Influenster. All ingredient information was taken from Sephora.com)

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon