Klairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleaner Review


A few weeks ago, K-beauty online shop Cupidrop reached out to me and wanted to know if I was interested in testing some Korean skincare products, and of course, I emphatically said yes. I was graciously allowed to pick some products of my own choosing, and one of these products was the Klairs Rice Moist Foaming Cleanser. I'm a self-proclaimed cleanser junkie, always looking for my next "favorite" in the world of first and second cleansers.

Cleansing to me is one of the more boring parts of my skincare routine, so I like to be fickle and flit from cleanser to cleanser so that part of my routine doesn't start to feel too mundane. This cleanser claims to be gentle enough even for the most sensitive skin types, and is hypoallergenic and free of alcohol, parabens, and artificial colors. It contains a handful of pretty sweet ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, aloe vera extract, licorice root extract, tea tree, and olive oil to keep skin balanced and moisturized. Not bad! It also uses sodium lauroyl sarcosinate as a detergent/surfactant in lieu of the ever-stripping sodium lauryl sulfate.



Klairs has been making its rounds in the K-beauty community for a bit now, so I'm sure some of you have heard of the brand or even tried some of their products. Since moving west, I find that my skin isn't as oily as it used to be, and in fact has some dry patches around my cheek/nose area that are in dire need of some moisture, which is why I was so intrigued by this second cleanser! I needed something that would lift all the dirt/gunk from my skin without completely drying me out. But does it live up to its claims?


Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Propylen Glycol, Lauric Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Dimethyl Sulfone, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Betaine, Stearic Acid, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Water, Ananas Sativus(Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Chlorphenesin, Melaleuca, Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Allantoin, Panthenol, Citric Acid, Pyridoxine, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Hibiscus Esculentus, Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Hibiscus Mutabilis Flower Extract, Corchorus Olitorius Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Lecithin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Phytosterols, Squalane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Ceramide 3, Propanediol, Apium Graveolens (Celery) Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Brassica Rapa Turnip) Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Solanum, Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Lysine HCl, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panax Ginseng Callus Culture Extract, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Beta-Glucan, Papain

Manufactured 2015, and expires 2018. I predict it'll be gone in a few months though, since I've been using it twice daily!



The cleanser comes in a 100ml pump container, and dispenses a pretty good amount of foam in one pump. One pump is definitely enough for my entire face, as the foam doesn't turn liquid-y once dispensed (meaning it maintains its nice, fluffy cloud form). The foam is nice a lightweight, and is non-irritating and non-exfoliating, so great for sensitive skin. The tea tree extract is great for those with acne-prone skin, and the aloe vera extract and hyaluronic acid works wonders for moisturizing and soothing skin. The scent is slightly medicinal/herby, but very light and doesn't bother me at all. I do not recommend using this as a first cleanser though, since it doesn't completely remove waterproof makeup on its own. :(


For those interested in the pH level, the pH clocks in at around 6, so perfect for those in the low pH cleanser camp!


The first photo above is one pump of the cleanser (definitely enough to cover the face!) and below is 2 and 3 pumps of product, just to show how foamy and thick it is! After removing my makeup with an oil cleanser/balm, I use 1-2 pumps of cleanser (depending on how gross my skin feels at the end on the day) and gently work it in to my skin with light, circular motions. You don't need to use much rubbing/pressure when using this, since it lifts dirt and excess sebum easily and gently.

One of the things I absolutely love about this cleanser is how gentle and moisturizing it is! After rinsing it off my face with lukewarm water, my skin feels smooth, soft, and moisturized, and not tight or dry at all, which is definitely a winner in my book! I'm constantly combating dry skin after moving to Colorado, and this cleanser really helps keep my skin from looking flaky and feeling dry and lackluster. Normally I rush to apply a first essence/toner after cleansing since my skin will be tight and dry within the 5 minutes it takes for me to get dressed, but this cleanser allows or a little more wiggle room, meaning I can sit around and do whatever for 10-15 minutes if I wanted to without my skin feeling extremely tight/dry.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this cleanser! It's incredibly gentle and suits all skin types, and doesn't irritate my skin or make it feel dry afterwards. I also love that it's hypoallergenic and free of artificial ingredients, and I feel confident using it on my face, knowing that it isn't hurting my skin in any way. I would definitely recommend this to those with both dry, sensitive skin and oily, acne-prone skin, as I have noticed my pores looking a bit clearer and breakouts have been at a minimum since I've started using this twice daily. You can find this on Cupidrop ($18), Wishtrend ($16.99), and Amazon ($17.90).

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me by Cupidrop for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions are my own. 

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon