Peora Facial Cream Review


Peora is a Korean skincare brand that specializes in natural, fermented skincare products. When Peora asked me to try their Facial Cream, I was immediately excited because fermented skincare is one of things my skin absolutely loves. Peora utilizes a concoction of beneficial microorganisms that are capable of penetrating deeper into the spaces between skin cells, allowing for quicker absorption and longer hydration.

The cream (provided to me by Peora) is available in their shop for $35 for 50g, or 1.75 fl. oz.


The cream itself comes in a pump bottle, which I prefer to tubs that I have to stick my fingers in. It's vegan and cruelty free, and contains a bunch of yummy ingredients such as pomegranate extract to promote smooth, firm skin, aloe for moisture, fig extract for skin rejuvenation, and green tea to fight premature aging. Peora also has a cleanser, moisturizer, and facial scrub from the same line.

(Click to Enlarge) [Source]

Ingredients:
Water, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Hyaluronate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Arginine, Carbomer, Lactobacillus/Rice Ferment Filtrate, Lactobacillus/Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Portulaca Oleracea Ferment Extract Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Ferment Extract Filtrate, Lactobacillus/Saccharomyces/Cnidii Rhizoma Root Ferment Filtrate,  Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Panthenol, Allantoin , Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, flavor, Caprylhydroxamic Acid
I've been using this cream for the past couple weeks as a daytime moisturizer to wear under my sunscreen/makeup. Ever since I moved to go live with the other dry-skinned mountain folk in Colorado, my skin has been suffering from a terrible lack of moisture. Where before I could get through the day using an essence or two and some aloe moisturizer, I now find myself layering my heaviest creams and facial oils in an attempt to lock in some hydration. :(


The cream has a light, lotion-like consistency that absorbs fast and smells faintly like powder, but it fades quickly after application and I don't think it would bother even those sensitive to scents in their skincare. After applied, it left my skin looking less dull and more plump/hydrated, at least for the few hours that I wore it out. As a day time moisturizer, this is perfect for those days when my skin just needs a gentle boost of hydration. At night though, I found that it doesn't quite stand up to some of my heavier creams, and I prefer a bigger dose of moisture sleeping in my dry, air-conditioned room for 7+ hours. 


I think this cream would be wonderful for those with oily skin! It's light enough that it doesn't look or feel heavy on the skin, and it plays well under makeup and sunscreen. While I found it didn't quite provide the moisture I was looking for at night, I'll definitely be using this during the summer months when my skin doesn't need quite so much heavy moisture. While this cream doesn't control oil or provide heavy duty moisture, I think it would still work well for both oily and dry skin types.

Pros: Lightweight, absorbs quickly, works well under makeup/sunscreen (no patchiness or flaking). Sanitary pump dispenser. Doesn't make skin feel greasy or oily throughout the day.

Cons: Might not hold up in drier months or for those with drier skin types. Layering another moisturizer on top might be needed for sufficient hydration.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon