Mishibox May 2016 Review & Unboxing


My boxes have been rolling in SUPER late this month, so apologies for reviewing these when June is right around the corner! Mishibox has fast become on of my favorite subscription services for K-beauty. It has the right products for both newbies and seasoned K-beauty addicts, and always has a great balance of makeup and skincare items.

What is Mishibox?
Mishibox is a US-based Korean beauty subscription service that delivers a combination of 4-6 deluze sized samples and full sized Korean beauty products to your doorstep for $19.99 every month. Mishibox was one of the first K-beauty subscriptions on the market, and one that I immediately fell in love with. If you're looking for a convenient and effortless way to experience what's new in the world of Korean beauty, Mishibox is a great way to do it.

Mishibox ships pretty much worldwide, with shipping rates varying country to country. The shipping rate for US customers (since Mishibox is headquartered in Virginia) is $3.95. Mishibox now ships to over 60 countries worldwideCheck here to see if Mishibox ships to your country! Mishibox guarantees at least 1 full sized item in every box, but from what I've seen, Mishibox often brings a few full sized products in every box.

Info cards! (Click to Enlarge)


Skin Ceramic Donkey Milk Celluminator Mask Pack (Full Size: $3) - A highly concentrated milky essence ampoule mask made with donkey milk sourced from Italy. It contains niacinamide and adenosine for brightening and wrinkle improvement. It also contains other yummy ingredients such as squalane, which has antioxidant properties and prevents UV damage, macadamia seed oil, which aids in skin recovery and reduces inflammation, beta-glucan for anti-aging, and fermented ingredients to make your skin glowy and healthy looking.  I'm incredibly excited to review this mask; Mishibox always sends amazing masks in their subscription boxes, so I'm hoping this one will live up to my expectations! I used to be a little weirded out by goat milk in my skincare products, but then again, I've used regular milk in DIY facial masks, so this probably isn't that much different. :D I couldn't find this anywhere on Mishibox's site though, and they seem to be fairly hard to find.

Secret Key Twinkle Water Proof Pencil Liner in "Warm Bronze" (Full Size: $8) - A shimmery water proof and oil proof gel eyeliner. I'm generally don't get excited over Korean eyeliners since they tend to be very smudge-y, but this one says water and oil proof, so I'm willing to give it a shot. It's a very pretty shimmery bronze color, and I'm just thanking my lucky stars that I didn't receive yet another black eyeliner in a subscription box.


D'ran Wonder Serum for Nourishing & Revitalizing (Full Size: $34) - I didn't find any info for where to purchase this on Mishibox's website either (maybe it's solely for the May subscription box?), but I'm so excited about this serum! This is the big ticket item in the box, and it contains a whopping 50ml of herbal extracts, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid for brightening, hydrating and moisturizing skin. D'ran has a reputation with me for being fucking awesome. Mishibox sent out a Wonder Snail Treatment Cream from D'ran in one of their past boxes, and I've used it up to almost the last drop (it's that good), so I'm excited for what this pretty little glass bottle of serum has in store.


Secret Key Snail Repairing Sun Cream (Full Size: $8) - More Secret Key! Secret Key is one of the better low-end K-beauty brands in my opinion, so I'm totally content with receiving more from them. We get so much sun up here in the mountains, that I'm glad for any sun protection I can get my hands on! This one is SPF50+/PA+++, and contains snail secretion filtrate and hyaluronic acid for hydration.

mother+made Cera Cell Facial Moisturizer AM & PM samples (Full Size: $35/ea) - This month's box also came with two facial moisturizer samples. Both the AM and PM samples are SPF35/PA+++ and promise to protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays while providing brightening and anti-aging benefits. They contain no parabens, phenoxyethanol, ethanol, mineral oil, or artificial colorants.


Final Verdict - This month's box cost me $19.99, and had a total value of around $58, assuming the mother+made samples were about $2.50 each (which is my own rough estimate). Even without the samples included, $20 is well worth the cost of all of the full size items in the box. Honestly, this month's box was a lot of fun! For once, I'll be using every single product inside, so I count that as a win in my book. I don't know if it's just me, but I really appreciate receiving practical products in subscription boxes that I've never used before. I wear makeup almost daily so I'm going to enjoy experimenting with the shimmery eyeliner, I can always make due with more sunscreen, and the serum, moisturizers, and mask will all fit themselves nicely into my routine. I have to say that this was one of my favorite Mishiboxes thanks to the variety!

If you'd like to sign up for your own Mishibox subscription, you can do so here! What did you think of this month's box?


No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon