Clean Bar Box May 2016 Review & Unboxing


Clean Bar Box is a new (to me) subscription box that I discovered after searching for ways to make my own soap. I know, it sounds a bit *too* adventurous, and it kind of was, so when I stumbled upon the Clean Bar Box website, I subscribed immediately to get my hands on some vegan soap goodness.

Clean Bar Box is a monthly soap delivery subscription. The Large Box, which I've subscribed to, costs $21.99/month and comes with two ~5oz bars of soap and two ~2.5oz half bars of soap. The Small Box come with four ~2.5oz bars of soap for $16.99/month. These small-batch, artisanal bars are made with a bunch of good-for-the-skin ingredients such as coconut oil, olive oil, and shea butter to moisturize, and each bar is vegan and contains no preservatives, parabens, sulfates, or artificial products.


African Violet - A very light, floral scent. I absolutely love the scent of violets, they're so relaxing! This month's scents were selected to be refreshing and floral, and this one hits the mark. African Violets have long been associated with mothers and motherhood, which makes this soap perfect for May!

Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Corn Oil, Hemp Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Water, Lye, Juniper Berries, Fragrance. 


Lemongrass - I used to love the herby, almost medicinal smell of lemongrass, but lately every natural product I purchase - be it deodorant, soap, what have you - is lemongrass. I'm still going to use it though, because it just smells so fresh and clean! It even has poppy seeds in it. Come on, that's cute.

Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Corn Oil, Hemp Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Water, Lye, Poppy Seeds, Fragrance, Coloring. 


White Tea Mint - This little green bar is a perfectly cool, refreshing gender neutral scent. It's very light, so I suspect the scent won't linger long after you get out of the shower.

Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Corn Oil, Hemp Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Water, Lye, Fragrance, Coloring. 

Cherry Almond - Mmmm! This one is my favorite scent by far. Tangy cherries and warm, toasted almonds. I wish they had sent this one as a 5oz bar, because both my boyfriend and I are trying to decide which of us gets to use this one. It even has ground oatmeal in it to help with exfoliation.

Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Corn Oil, Hemp Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Water, Lye, Ground Oatmeal, Fragrance.


Final Verdict - I'm really enjoying Clean Bar Box! The soaps lather well and they are incredibly moisturizing thanks to all that shea butter and essential oils. I'm so used to my body wash that I never thought I would go back to bar soap, but these soaps get the job done, smell fantastic, and don't have a bunch of harmful, drying chemicals. They also make great gifts! I just don't know if I'll be able to use all of these up every month, so I'm going to take advantage of the every-other-month shipment option that CBB offers. I might even switch to the Small Box, depending on how fast I can get through these.

If you'd like to sign up for Clean Bar Box, you can do so here! You can use the code FIRSTBOX for $3 off your first month's box, or the code CLEAN15 for 15% off of a longer subscription.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon