Mishibox September 2015 Review & Unboxing


Hey there! My September Mishibox arrived on my doorstep this afternoon, and I couldn't wait to dig in to all the awesome Kbeauty goodies! I've been sick for the past two weeks, with no energy to anything aside from the bare minimum (even my blogging fell by the wayside a bit), so it was a welcome surprise to see my first subscription box of the month in my mailbox!

What is Mishibox?
Mishibox is a US based Korean beauty subscription service that delivers a combination of 4-6 deluxe sized samples and full-sized Korean beauty products to your doorstep every month. Mishibox is one of the only Kbeauty subscription boxes on the market so far, so if you're looking for a convenient and effortless way to experience new Korean beauty products, Mishibox is a great way to do that.

Mishibox ships to both the US and Canada, and costs $19.99 per month. You are guaranteed at least one full-sized item, but from what I've seen, Mishibox often brings a few full-sized products every month. 

Magis Lene Cell Precieux Toner/Emulsion/Serum/Cream Deluxe Samples 

The first thing I pulled out of my little pink box was this baggie full of Magis Lene samples. Included was a toner sample, an emulsion sample, a serum sample, and a cream sample. This stuff is definitely on the pricier side (a whopping $170 for a full size of the Cell Precieux Cream), so I'm def looking forward to slathering this on my face. The Cell Precieux line helps with whitening and anti-aging, and I'm all about that. 


The emulsion and toner samples seem to have enough for 1-2 uses, but then there's those foil packets...hmph. Am I the only one here who hates getting foil packets in subscription boxes? Probably not.

What Mishibox says:
"Magis Lene Cell Precieux Toner:
What: This luxurious and highly concentrated toner made with caramel and colloidal gold provides both whitening and wrinkle care functions. The Cell Precieux Line helps your skin maintain its balance to preserve your natural beauty. 
How: After cleansing, use a cotton ball (for exfoliating) or fingertips (for moisturizing) to apply the toner to your face. Gently wipe with the cotton ball, or pat and tap your face with your fingertips to help with the absorption. 
Retail Price: $65/120ml

Magis Lene Cell Precieux Emulsion:
What: The luxurious and highly concentrated emulsion from the same Cell Precieux Line also provides both whitening and wrinkle care functions. Use together with the bonus serum and cream samples for the best results. 
How: After toner and serum, take an adequate amount of the emulsion and gently massage onto your face with fingertips. Follow with the cream. Order recommended by Magis Lene is toner, serum, emulsion, and then cream."
Retail Price: $69/120ml (emulsion), $135/45ml (serum), $170/50ml (cream).

Cleomee Snowy Pore Balm

This is a tin of soft white pore balm made with donkey milk and oil, and it's supposed to minimize the look of pores and can be used as a spot treatment for the oilier parts of the face (like the t-zone) or all over as a primer. I love anything with donkey milk in it, as it's super nourishing and moisturizing, so I'm excited to give this a try!

What Mishibox says:
"What: Say goodbye to oily skin with this soft white pore balm made with donkey milk and oil that minimizes the look of pores and fine lines, brightens skin, neutralizes redness, and evens out uneven skin tone. Great for sebum control. Spatula and sponge included.
How: Take an adequate amount of the balm using the spatula and then apply onto your face with the sponge. use this lightweight pore balm on your clean skin either alone on your t-zone or on your entire face as a makeup primer."
Retail Price: $25/25g

Skylake Silk Cocoon Hair Conditioner

I'll be the first to admit, I really don't do much to my hair. I usually shampoo and condition every day (I have extremely oily hair) and let it air dry after rubbing some coconut oil or any other hair serum I find lying around into the ends. I find a lot of products weigh my hair down, so I usually shy away from a lot of hair care stuff, both western and AB. I'll use this just because I received it, but since it's recommended for someone with dry hair, I'm feeling pretty cautious. Also, where's the shampoo that goes with this? 

What Mishibox says:
"What: This rich hair conditioner made with real silk cocoon extracts and hydrolyzed silk cocoon extracts that contain natural proteins and other natural nutrients will keep your hair healthy, soft, and energized. Highly recommended for those with weak, damaged, and/or dry hair. Use with your Skylake shampoo from your June Mishibox!
How: After washing your hair with shampoo, apply the conditioner onto your hair and massage with extra care to your roots. Wash off with warm water."
Retail Price: $5/25ml, $36/500ml

Holika Holika Basic Nails (2015 SS Collection) 
Nail Lacquer in "Joyful Mint"

I always like receiving nail polishes in subscription boxes, I just wish I were better at doing my nails! I'm seriously a wreck when it comes to painting them. I'm getting better though. Kind of. 

Subscribers had the option of receiving one of four colors, Sun Shine, Joyful Mint, Real Mandarin, or Pink Blossom. I received the one I wanted the most, luckily! (Thank the universe I didn't get yellow).

What Mishibox says:
"What: Finish off the summer with these bright and long lasting nail colors from the Holika Holika 2015 Spring/Summer Collection.
How: After preparing your nails by applying one base coat onto your clean fingernails, apply your nail polish. Use two coats for best results. When dry, finish off with a top coat."
Retail Price: $5/10ml

Cleomee Donkey Real Milk Oil Mask

Eeep! Another donkey product! Gimmie all the moisture! This is a cotton sheet mask from the company Cleomee, and it's made with donkey milk and oil, as well as centella and witch hazel extract for soothing and revitalizing the skin. I used this immediately (my poor, sick skin was in serious need of some moisture) and this mask held up like a champ. Even after an hour, it was still wet in the cheek and forehead areas. The fit was great as well, and it extended all the way to my ear and below my chin. My skin did feel a bit heavy afterward, so this may be best suited for those with drier skin types.


Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Niacinamide, Donkey Milk, Sodium Hyaluronate (1%sol), Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Donkey Oil, Sodium PCA, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pyridoxine HCI, Maltodextrin, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Silica, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, 1,2-Heaxanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Boswellia Serrata Resin Extract, Fragrance
Edit: When I woke up this morning, my face felt nicely hydrated and I didn't break out at all like I thought I would due to the masks' heaviness. Mishibox does recommend to use this mask at night, so I'm thinking this is supposed to be absorbed throughout the night so that you can wake up with soft, hydrated skin. 

What Mishibox says:
"What: Treat yourself to a mini facial at home with this highly moisturizing sheet mask. The donkey milk and oil blend works to provide whitening and wrinkle care while also providing soothing and nourishing effects.
How: After cleanser and toner, place sheet mask onto your face for 15-25 minutes. Gently pat remaining essence to help absorption. We recommend using this sheet mask at night so you can wake up to soft and moisturized skin in the morning. Store in the fridge before use for a refreshing feel." 
Retail Price: $3.50/25g

Final Verdict

I liked this month's Mishibox. While it wasn't mind-blowing, there were some pretty solid products featured, and I loved that two of them were donkey products! I wasn't super excited about the mini conditioner, as I would have liked if there had been a shampoo sample to go along with it so I can get a better feel for the brand. Overall though, most of the products were really interesting, and were from brands that I hadn't yet heard of, and that's the first thing that I look for in a subscription box service. This box seems great for someone who's new to the Kbeauty world and would like to learn about new brands/products, and since I fall into the AB noob category (I've only been into Asian beauty since February), this box appeals to me. I can't wait to see what next month brings!

If you want to sign up for a Mishibox monthly subscription, you can do so OVER HERE. The boxes tend to sell out quickly, and I think that this particular box is no longer available. If you sign up, you'll be starting off with October's box. 

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon