Ipsy Glam Bag August 2015 Review


Hello!  Long time, no post! I've been extremely busy getting interviewed for houses, starting the new semester, and trying to get my life in order, pretty much. I haven't even had time to breathe, let alone blog, so a lot of posts that I planned to upload fell by the wayside. image Unfortunately, there won't be enough time in August to write up and post the reviews I missed. You can still see the subscriptions and products I've received on my Instagram, though, as I am the most active in the insta world!

What is Ipsy?
Ipsy is a $10 a month makeup and beauty subscription. Subscribers receive a Glam Bag filled with deluxe samples and full sized beauty products. Each bag usually brings 4-6 products from top cosmetic brands, and they can be anything from makeup to skin care to nail polish... you name it! When you first sign up, you'll take a beauty profile quiz that helps Ipsy determine your preferences, and from there they'll send you products that they think you'll enjoy. There are a lot of variations in what is sent out, so you might see other subscribers get totally different products from you!

FC2無料カウンター Batiste "Floral & Fruity Blush" Dry Shampoo FC2無料カウンター

Whoopee, another dry shampoo. I can hardly contain my excitement. As far as dry shampoos go, this one is a nice scent from a top notch brand. I just don't like dry shampoo. It makes my hair feel greasy and winds up weighing it down even more. This is going straight to the giveaway pile.

FC2無料カウンター Lord & Berry Lip Liner in "Nude" FC2無料カウンター

Now this I was excited about receiving! This is a Lord & Berry lip liner in a pretty brown color. This will definitely get used, as I have way more lipsticks than lip liners, and this one goes on nice and smooth and isn't drying. 

FC2無料カウンター Jesse's Girl Eye Shadow Primer FC2無料カウンター

I'm going to be totally honest here for a sec. I don't wear eye shadow very often (Gasp, I know). I value my sleep over having purple eyelids, so I usually leave the house after swiping on some foundation, powder, and mascara, and maybe if I'm lucky, some eyeliner. I'm trying to change, I swear! I really want purple eyelids, and gold eyelids, and all other colors on my eyelids! Alas, I am lazy at heart, and it takes a bit more effort for me. I'll get there one day.

FC2無料カウンター Hikari Lip Gloss in "Salsa" FC2無料カウンター

 A pretty orange-red lip gloss with a little shimmer. I would love this a lot more if it weren't so dang sticky. Seriously, who was it that decided to make lip gloss so sticky?!  On the plus side, it doesn't dry out my lips like other glosses do, so maybe it'll grow on me. I'll just have to keep my lips far, far away from everything, so I don't leave trails of sticky lip gloss on things like coffee cups and my boyfriend's face.

FC2無料カウンター Me In Eye Accent Liner Pencil in "Boysenberry" FC2無料カウンター

This eye liner is a pretty shade of purplish blue, although it looks decidedly dark blue when applied. It's your typical eye liner pencil that you'd come to expect from Ipsy, with the added bonus of a sharpener in the cap. I really love the deep blue color, but this lasted all of 2 seconds on my eyelids in the heat of summer. image So disappoint. Also, it has this really woody kind of smell that I associate with cheap eyeliners, and just... ugh. That smell. Cringe.

 FC2無料カウンター Final Verdict FC2無料カウンター

Looking back, this month's Glam Bag wasn't too bad. It wasn't spectacular, but I have few complaints. I wish the eyeliner had better staying power, and if you know me, you'll know how I feel about sticky lip glosses.  The dry shampoo (that I conveniently accidentally left out of the last photo) isn't something I'll use, so that leaves me with 2 out of 5 items that I really enjoyed. Unfortunately, 2 out of 5 is not enough for me to enjoy a subscription, and Ipsy has been consistenly "meh" for me for a few months now, so I've canceled my subscription until I feel like signing up again. I'm constantly on the hunt for new and exciting subscription boxes (and I've been eyeing the So Susan Lip Love subscription), so I think I'll save my ten bucks for something I really want.

If you'd like to sign up to get your own Ipsy Glam Bag, you can do so OVER HERE. Take their style quiz, and decide for yourself if you want to receive a bag of makeup goodies every month! While I gave Ipsy a less-than-stellar review this month, the surprise of getting a cute makeup pouch and discovering new brands in totally worth $10 a month!

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon