First Impressions: Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask


Hey there! Over the years, I've been implementing new skin care products into my routine, and recently I've become enamored with overnight masks, or sleeping packs, as many know them as. Admittedly, what drew me to overnight masks the most was the idea that a product is able to work for me by delivering moisture and other benefits to my skin while I'm asleep - it intrigued my inner lazy bumminess, and I had to pick up a couple to see what all the hype was about. Needless to say, I fell in in love, and now have 7 or 8 sitting all over in the little nooks and crannies of my room (hey, I know I have a problem. At least I admit it?).



The Sulwhasoo Overnight Revitalizing Mask is a little on the pricey side, clocking in at $52 on Sulwhasoo's main site, but luckily, I believe sites like TesterKorea and KoreaDepart sell Sulwhasoo samples, so you can try this out for wayyyy cheaper than what it normally costs for a full tube. I decided to be a masochist and torture my wallet and myself by buying the entire tube. However, I absolutely adore this mask, so it works out for me in the end.




First off, the packaging is super pretty, with a sleek golden tube that easily dispenses the product. The tube can even be cut when there's only a little bit left, if you're one of those who like to get every last drop of something (I know I am ). This overnight cream contains a wide variety of plant extracts and botanicals much like the rest of the Sulwhasoo line, such as shea butter, licorice root extract, mulberry root extract, camellia leaf extract, and ginseng. It has a very light ginger scent that I find so refreshing! A small warning, though - this mask has alcohol/cetearyl alcohol as ingredients, which could be potential irritants for some. You can check out the CosDNA analysis for it here


I first tried this Sulwhasoo mask through some samples that I got in a past haul, and I immediately fell in love. It has a gorgeous, creamy consistency that goes on smoothly and sinks right into my skin without sitting on the surface and making my face feel greasy or heavy. In fact, it actually feels a bit lighter than a lot of my sleeping packs, but that doesn't stop it from delivering a huge amount of moisture and leaving me with plump, hydrated skin when I wake up. I know that a lot of people tend to shy away from sleeping packs because they're heavy, and they're either side sleepers, have sensitive or oily skin, or just see it as an unnecessary step to an already lengthy routine. In my opinion though, sleeping packs are vastly underrated, and act a a great occlusive step to help seal in all of your routine's yumminess from the previous steps.

After only using it regularly for about two weeks, I can definitely say that it helps my skin look more hydrated and bright, and particularly "glowy" in the morning when I wake up. I don't yet know what long-term effects using this will have on my skin, but I can't wait to find out! I'm more of a "PM routine" person than an "AM routine" person, so I hope regular night time use of this mask will give me that radiant "glow" that we all strive for.image 

I purchased the Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask on KoreaDepart for $47, and it can also be found on W2Beauty for $59, and they ship internationally. It's also available on Amazon for about $50

Sleeping packs have fast become one of my favorite parts of my skincare routine. What's your favorite sleeping pack? If you have any recommendations, leave them below! 

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon