Review: Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Lime

Hello!  Today is going to be another Innisfree sheet mask review! Day 2 of my 15 day Innisfree masking journey! While I'm a little nervous about using so many different sheet masks on my face in such a short amount of time, I will do it... for science! And for my lovely readers. image Plus, I have way more masks to get through and review that are on the way... I clearly have a sheet mask problem.

The Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Lime Mask is part of a cute little sample pack of 15 Innisfree masks that I ordered off of Amazon for about $16.50, which means each mask came out to about $1.10. While I hear around that these masks can go for as low as $0.85 sometimes (especially on TesterKorea... them low prices, thwarted by high as hell shipping costs), I got impatient and wanted them to arrive as quickly as possible so I used Amazon (I know, I know. I'm weak). Honestly, Amazon has really upped their K-beauty game, there used to be absolutely nothing available in the way of Korean/Japanese skincare, but now there's a whole cornucopia of awesomeness!

Innisfree is a Korean company that prides themselves on their all-natural approach to skincare. They use interesting ingredients such as purifying volcanic clay and mineral-rich seawater from the island of Jeju for example, and since I like to use natural products whenever possible, Innisfree immediately caught my eye!


Look! So much mask goodness! photo: testerkorea.com

Innisfree incorporates a lot of natural ingredients into their sheet masks, such as Jeju green tea, tangerine, green peas, and more into their products. I love products that are all natural, and I try to incorporate more natural products into my life every day, so I'm glad that I discovered Innisfree! image


Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Ethanol, Betaine, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Lime Juice (200mg), Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tangerine Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Green Tea Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
Oooh, this mask has niacinamide as the third ingredient! I love niacinamide, as it helps improve skin's elasticity and barrier function, as well as fading dark spots and improving skin texture. There are also a few other noteworthy ingredients in this masks:

Grapefruit extract: Grapefruit seed extract has extremely high amounts of antioxidants and phytonutrients, as well as vitamin C. Grapefruit extract helps with wound healing and cell turnover, and is said to have antibiotic properties. 

Lime juice: Lime rejuvenates the skin and has antibiotic and disinfectant properties, keeping skin free of dead skin cells and looking smooth and hydrated. 

Sodium Hyaluronate: Also known as Hyaluronic Acid. It has an incredible ability to retain up to 1000 times its weight in water, improving skin's moisture content while maintaining barrier function. It also reduces inflammation and fights against free radicals!

Tangerine Peel Extract: Tangerine peel is touted to be chock-full of yummy antioxidant goodness, They're are also a rich source of vitamin C, beta-carotene, and folate, which can help prevent aging and inflammation, and combat acne. I love vitamin C as a topical treatment - I use it everyday, and it really helps brighten my complexion and fade my PIH.

Orchid Extract: Orchid extract is known to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as moisturize and fight free-radicals; all to make skin smoother, healthier, and more hydrated.

Green Tea Extract: Tones, soothes, and moisturizes dry, unhappy skin. Green tea is well known for its benefits both inside and outside the body, and its antioxidant properties are the key to it's anti-aging effects. I love drinking all kinds of tea, hot and cold, so I have no problem also slathering it on my face.  Antioxidants are the agents that counteract the damaging effects of oxidant radicals (or free radicals, in layman's terms) and prevent damage to the cellular tissue.

Camellia Leaf Extract: Camellia oil has been used for centuries in China and Japan for its anti-aging and collagen-forming properties. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.


Photo: innisfreeworld.com

The Innisfree It's Real Squeeze masks contain ~superior masking technology~ in the form of a 3-layered cotton sheet, delivering the optimum level of moisture to the skin. For a 3-layered mask, they're awfully thin. But I suppose they aren't too bad, since they are very saturated with essence and stay put on my face for the required amount of soak-up time. 


Mask Details: The mask was overall pleasant to use, and had a faint, sweet citrus-y scent that I actually liked. The mask was easy to unfold from the packaging and stayed on for about 45 minutes before drying up at the corners.  It was decently saturated, so I had a lot left, which I rubbed all over my neck and decolletage. One thing I didn't like is that this mask was sticky; when I took it off, my face stayed kind of wet and sticky for a while afterward, even though I kept trying to pat it into my face.  No bueno.

Mask Fit: This was a pretty standard fitting mask, it runs a bit on the smaller side, though. It also stuck on quite well, I was able to be up and about with it on. 

Final Thoughts: This mask was...okay. It made my skin soft and supple, but the sticky feeling that lingered made me kind of meh about this mask. The ingredients are pretty sweet, and it didn't break me out, so that's a plus. In my journey to achieve better skin with K-beauty, I'm learning a lot about my skin and realizing what ingredients my skin likes and doesn't like, and I don't think my skin likes lemon/lime things.  

Repurchase? Eh. I mean, if it came my way in a Mask Grab Bag or something, I wouldn't pitch a fit. But I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase this particular one. It took too damn long to soak in, and made me feel sticky and heavy. Welp, you can't win them all, I s'pose. The Innisfree mask journey continues!

To see my other Innisfree mask reviews, click below! 
 FC2無料カウンター Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Cucumber  
 FC2無料カウンター Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Bija   
 FC2無料カウンター Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Tea Tree 
                     FC2無料カウンター Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Rice


Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon