Review: Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Cucumber

Hi there! Today I'm going to review a sheet mask! *Distant cheering and applauding ensues* I love sheet masks. Seriously. They're so much fun, there's so many different kinds designed to target so many different skin woes, and they're an integral part of my skin care routine. Not saying I'd ever really want to do this, but if I absolutely had to, I could slice my routine down to just an oil and foaming cleanser, a moisturizer, and a sunscreen, as long as I can have my sheet masks. While they may not provide super long-lasting effects, they really do help keep my skin moisturized and soft while adding some novelty and excitement to my routine! image 

The Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Cucumber Mask is part of a cute little sample pack of 15 Innisfree masks that I ordered off of Amazon for about $16.50, which means each mask came out to about $1.10. While I hear around that these masks can go for as low as $0.85 sometimes (especially on TesterKorea... them low prices, thwarted by high as hell shipping costs), I got impatient and wanted them to arrive as quickly as possible so I used Amazon (I know, I know. I'm weak). 

This cucumber mask is actually my first mask from Innisfree! *Gasps* I was contemplating doing a mass review of all 15 masks, but I thought it would be more fun to review them as I go. Plus, I would have the glorious masking experience fresh in my mind, so it will be as accurate as possible! Innisfree is a Korean company that prides themselves on their all-natural approach to skincare. They use interesting ingredients such as purifying volcanic clay and mineral-rich seawater from the island of Jeju for example, and since I like to use natural products whenever possible, Innisfree immediately caught my eye!


Map of Jeju Island, innisfreeworld.com

As you can see, they incorporate a lot of yummy, natural ingredients like jeju green tea, tangerine, green peas, and more into their products. *Makes grabby hands* I need it on my face!


Since the ingredients list is hard to read, I'll post it again down here:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Ethanol, Betaine, Grapefruit Extract, Cucumber Extract (200mg), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tangerine Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Green Tea Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Prickly Pear Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
This mask has a ton of awesomeness going on. There's green tea, tangerine, cactus, camelia leaves, and orchid extract that all serve to help moisturize, brighten, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

Green Tea: Tones, soothes, and moisturizes dry, unhappy skin. Green tea is well known for its benefits both inside and outside the body, and its antioxidant properties are the key to it's anti-aging effects. I love drinking all kinds of tea, hot and cold, so I have no problem also slathering it on my face.  Antioxidants are the agents that counteract the damaging effects of oxidant radicals (or free radicals, in layman's terms) and prevent damage to the cellular tissue.

Tangerine: Mmm, I love me some tangerines! The peel of tangerines is touted to be chock-full of yummy antioxidant goodness, Tangerines are also a rich source of vitamin C, beta-carotene, and and folate, which can help prevent aging and inflammation, and combat acne. I love vitamin C as a topical treatment - I use it everyday, and it really helps brighten my complexion and fade my PIH.

Cactus: Apparently, cactus seed oil contains huge doses of linoleic acid, flavonoids, and vitamin E, all of which provide awesome antioxidant action while moisturizing skin and preventing signs of aging. デコメ image of Pic

Camellia: Camellia oil has been used for centuries in China and Japan for its anti-aging and collagen-forming properties. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.

Orchid: Orchid extract is known to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as moisturizing and fighting free-radicals, all to make skin smoother, healthier, and more hydrated.

Cucumber: Cucumber extract is well known for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties (we've all seen the classic "cucumber on the eyes" trope) and while there's no concrete evidence that cucumber can help with puffy eyes, there is scientific evidence that the lutein component in cucumbers can help prevent skin discoloration.


Mask Details: While I wasn't expecting much from this mask simply because it was so cheap, I have to say that it was very pleasant to use! The mask was easy to unfold from the package and had a good amount of essence, enough so that I could rub what was in the package on my neck and decolletage. It stayed pretty saturated, I left it on for about 45 minutes before it started drying up around the corners.

Mask Fit: The fit was pretty standard, but fit my face surprisingly well (Guess I have a standard face?). It stuck on pretty well, too.


Final Thoughts: I've been having some skin issues lately, namely acne around my cheek area and some clogged pores on my forehead (which I suspect is from an overloading of products - whoops) that have been making my skin look pretty lackluster and dull. After leaving this mask on for 45 minutes, I did notice my face felt more soothed and moisturized. It didn't do much for my redness, but my skin felt incredibly smooth and cool afterward! Since I kept it in the fridge, it was doubly soothing and felt so amazing.

Pros:
FC2無料カウンター Awesome ingredients list
FC2無料カウンター Provides light moisture, which is good for oily skin
FC2無料カウンター Calmed my heat-stressed, congested face
FC2無料カウンター Pretty saturated; didn't dry up quickly
FC2無料カウンター Cost effective

Cons:
FC2無料カウンター May not be moisturizing enough for dry skin
FC2無料カウンター While good for an everyday mask, it wasn't anything incredible

Repurchase? Totally. It provided really light moisture (which is exactly what I need having oily, sensitive skin) and it was cheap, which mama likes. I can see myself really getting into Innisfree products; I appreciate their all-natural skincare philosophy, and who doesn't love a $1 mask? Hopefully the other masks I try from this line work just as well, or even better. Alcohol is the fourth ingredient listed though, so if you're sensitive to alcohol, you might want to steer clear of these. I'm a firm believer that alcohol can be good for the skin in small amounts, since I've never had any bad reactions to it, but as always, your mileage may vary!

To see my other Innisfree mask reviews, click below! 
FC2無料カウンター Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Lime 
FC2無料カウンター Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Bija   
FC2無料カウンター Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Tea Tree
                    FC2無料カウンター Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask Rice 



Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

4 comments

  1. Great review! :D They are decent masks. You're totes right: not the best, but just fine if you use masks everyday. After all, not everyday can be a Donkey Milk or Tony Moly mask day XD

    I haven't tried the cucumber one yet... I might have given that one away :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! Since my skin has been extra rude lately and has been breaking out, it was gentle enough to soothe my face without being too heavy, so if anything, there's that! :D You're right though, I wish every day could be a Donkey Milk mask day </3 a girl can dream, I guess!

      Delete
  2. You are brave for doing this. I'm wondering what would the best mask be to keep your skin rejuvenated and how often I should do it. So you know? Great post! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for following. I'm following you back on bloglovin. Please come by and leave a comment to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! As soon as I finish the set, I'll be sure to let you know! So far, Bija seems the most hydrating and renewing. The tea tree mask was also a good one, super good for irritated and acne prone skin. :)

      Delete

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon