PopSugar August 2015 Review & Unboxing


Hey there!  The August PopSugar Must Have box was super cute and useful! PopSugar is one of my favorite boxes. I can't count how many times I've recommended it for subscription box newbies, as I anxiously await its arrival on my doorstep every month. I find that everything I receive is not only stylish and well curated, but also useful. For its price, PopSugar really pulls through on value - the boxes are almost always exceeding $100+ in value. This is only my third PopSugar box (so for all accounts, I'm also a newbie here) but I have to say that I have yet to be disappointed in what I receive!

What is PopSugar?
PopSugar Must Have is a renewable monthly subscription that sends you a bunch of sweet surprises from all different areas, including lifestyle, beauty, makeup, skincare, books... the list goes on! Each monthly box is a surprise so you never know what you're going to get, which is honestly my favorite part of sub boxes. * Emoticons * デコメ of the same face as well
PopSugar is a bit on the pricier side, weighing in at $39.95 per month, but you can save more by upgrading to either a 3-month or 6-month subscription. There's also many coupons and ways to get discounts floating around the interwebs, so if you were to opt out of the monthly sub and gift yourself a box instead, you can save money that way, too. If you want to sign up for PopSugar, you can save $5 on your first box by using the code REFER5

 Every month, PopSugar has a theme based on something different that inspired the curation of the items. This month was inspired by "Organization, Morning Routines, Celebrations, Caffeine, Back to School". 


First impression. I am eyeballing that pancake/waffle batter so hard.

 Royal Apothic Tea Balm Firming Eye Treatment ($36) 

Omg, this has the cutest packaging I've ever seen on an eye cream! Normally I hate receiving eye creams. I have so many, I hardly ever remember to use them daily, and they take aeons to get through. But I squee'd when I saw this one, because number one, cute packaging (!), and number two, tea extracts! This has a bunch of noteworthy ingredients such as black, green, and ceylon teas, as well as peptides and antioxidants to help conquer fine lines and dark spots. It feels so light when applied, and sinks right in without sitting on top of my skin like other eye creams. Plus, it's the only eye cream I've encountered so far that doesn't somehow burn my eyes! This got bumped right up into my routine even though I have a few other eye creams open that I've been trying to get through.

What PopSugar says:
"For the royal treatment, try this firming eye cream to rejuvenate your skin. The next-generation peptides smooth fine lines, while the super extracts banish dark circles for an overnight refresher."

 Pastel Best Day Ever Mug ($12) 

Ack, so cute! I am such a lover of cute mugs. I want all the mugs! This was is simple, but has a cute vintage-y vibe to it and I will definitely use it for my morning coffee/tea. 

What PopSugar says:
"When you enjoy your morning coffee or tea with a mug like this, it's easy to have the best day ever! This dishwasher and microwave safe mug will inspire you to make everyday amazing. Never have a case of the Mondays again."

 Happy Jackson Yay Lunch! Lunch Box ($10) 

While I don't bring my lunch with me much anymore as I no longer am on campus for 10 hours a day, I don't really use lunch boxes. But this will be cute to store other things. I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for yet, though. I think the striped closure band is super cute! 

What PopSugar says:
"If you're in a lunch rut, this bright lunch box will inspire you to pack food ahead of time! The cheerful design will make lunchtime wherever you are more fun!"

 Meri Meri Toot Sweet Pink Stripe Napkins ($5.95) &
MyYogaWorks 3-Month Trial ($45) 

These Meri Meri Toot Sweet napkins are super adorable! I don't always have a use for fancy napkins, but I'm thinking of including these on a picnic with my boyfriend, or maybe using them when I move into my new house in October for a housewarming party. 

What PopSugar says:
"No party is complete without these adorable napkins. Great for birthdays, baby showers, or picnics, the pink stripes and red scalloped edges will brighten up any occasion!" 

Also included was a 3-month free trial for MyYogaWorks. I'm not really the yoga type, so I more than likely won't be using this. I tried yoga before and didn't really enjoy it, so if anyone would like my personal code for this, I'd be happy to give it to you!

What PopSugar says:
"Even though summer is winding down, you can still feel motivated to stay in shape with MyYogaWorks three-month online trial. With over 700 online classes, it's easy to personalize your practice."

 American Colors Mediterranean Plaid Scarf ($79) 

This was the big ticket item in the box and is such an adorable summer-to-fall scarf! Unfortunately, I will probably only get to wear this a few weeks out of the year, if that, since temperatures rarely drop below 70 degrees where I live. But it's a cute thing to have in my wardrobe for when I go travelling to distant, colder lands! It has a pretty blue and white gingham pattern on one side, and a pink and blue plaid pattern on the other. 

What PopSugar says: 
"Transition into fall effortlessly with this ultra-soft, double-sided plaid scarf. Made from 100% cotton gauze, it will be your go to accessory as the weather cools down."

 Southern Culture Shortstacks Pancake and Waffle Mix ($8) & 
Special Extra! Folger's Iced Cafe Caramel Macchiato Flavored Coffee Drink Concentrate ($5) 

I was so excited when I saw this! Waffles are probably one of my favorite foods (and cooking one of my favorite hobbies), so when I received this birthday cake pancake and waffle mix, I was over the moon. Sadly, I don't have a waffle iron (although I should - I know what I'm getting myself as a Christmas present!), so I settled for making my family pancakes instead. There was definitely enough for the three of us as we each got two huge pancakes out of it.  It's got a bunch of colorful sprinkles in the batter just like birthday cake! Unfortunately, it doesn't taste much like cake, but the pancakes I made definitely were thick, fluffy, and delicious. The batter though, wasn't. 0/10, would not recommend tasting. 

What PopSugar says:
"Imagine breakfast reinvented. After tasting Southern Culture's birthday cake pancake and waffle mix, we could not resist sharing this all-natural sweet treat perfect for breakfast or dessert."

PopSugar included a special extra in the form of a Folger's caramel macchiato drink concentrate. I was actually excited about this, because I'm an iced coffee fanatic, and I had this for breakfast along with the pancakes! It tasted okay, not too sweet. It was hard to get the right consistency. I prefer actually iced coffee, but this will come in handy for those mornings when I'm in a hurry. image

What PopSugar says:
"We're ending our summer with all the iced coffee we can get our hands on - including this special extra from Folgers. It's iced coffee made easy."

 Final Verdict 

This month's PopSugar box cost me $40 and had a total combined value of $155.95, or $200.95 if you include the 3-month MyYogaWorks trial. As usual, PopSugar really delivers an excellent value for the price. At first, I wasn't too excited about this box because it all feels kind of randomly strewn together, but now that I've been using what's inside and reviewing it, it all sort of make sense, and ties into the "back to school/morning" theme nicely! Wake up, apply your eye balm, get in some yoga for exercise, have some iced coffee in this super cute mug along with some pancakes, pack your lunch, and the throw on this cute scarf and you're out the door! While it took me awhile to appreciate the curation, I really wound up loving this box in the end. The only thing I won't use is the yoga coupon, so that's a win in my book! 

If you want to sign up for a PopSugar Must Have monthly subscription, you can do that OVER HERE. Make sure to use the code REFER5 to get $5 off your first box!


Exclusive for PopSugar Must Have subscribers, a special edition Must Have Fall box is being released! It goes on sale the 20th of August, so make sure you grab it while it lasts! It's a one time purchase box, so there's no need to sign up for a subscription, either. 

xo, Vanna


Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon