Peach and Lily Seoulcialite Box 2.0 Review & Unboxing


Hey there! ♥ It's an exciting time for K-beauty fans, because Peach and Lily have released their Seoulcialite 2.0 Box! After a long month of waiting, my box finally arrived on my doorstep today.  Peach and Lily is a US based Asian beauty shop that's full of the best in Asian brands and products, from well known brands such as Be The Skin and Mizon, to harder-to-find brands like Cremorlab and Caolion. It is a well known fact that Korea is a skincare powerhouse; they are reportedly 10 years ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to beauty and skincare, so it only makes sense that Peach and Lily carries some of the most innovative and trending brands of the Asian beauty world.

Luckily for us, they've released a second box full of awesome Korean and Japanese goodies! The first Seoulcialite box was released around this time last year, and was a one time purchase of $49 that shipped free in the US. I didn't purchase it at the time, but I made sure to grab The Seoulcialite Box 2.0 that came out in June as soon as I could. Good thing I did, too, because it sold out in about 6 hours! image

This took forever to arrive. Because some of the items got held up at customs, the wait time was more than a month to receive this box. I had almost forgotten about it by the time it arrived! 

First impression!

Everything arrived in a pretty, sturdy black box with a magnetic closure, and the inside of the box has a pretty reflective pattern in the design of the Peach and Lily logo. I was totally going to keep the box to sort my K-beauty goodies, as it feels pretty high quality, but then I dropped it and it broke. I'm such a klutz. 


Included was a super detailed info booklet explaining all of the products.

What Peach and Lily has to say:
"Your  Seoulcialite Box gives you exclusive access to the latest products that beauty insiders in Seoul are raving about - and you get to try these buzzed-about buys before they even launch on our website. (Being a Seoulcialite has its perks). Seoul is an ever-changing, innovative beauty mecca that birthed now-mainstream must-haves such as BB cream, the cushion compact, the facial sheet mask, and so much more! That's why we're constantly jetting there to discover the latest and best beauty products. To make sure that you only get the best of the Korean beauty scene, we do the legwork for you: pound the pavement to hunt down cult sensations, vet ingredients, interview brands and R&D teams, test products on US focus groups and more. This rigorous curating process means that only a small percentage of the products we find actually makes the cut. 

Among these carefully hand-picked items, the products in this box are some of our favorites for 2015 that beauty mavens in Seoul have also fallen in love with. This box contains a hand-picked group of products from our most recent trip, a selection of standouts that we're totally obsessed with. We've also included Shangpree's modeling rubber mask as one of our picks even though it's been freshly launched on our site this summer - because we thought that you should have the chance to try what we think could be the next-big-thing to come out of Seoul that might be able to take your skincare to the next level."

Deco-mail pictograms of Heart Shangpree Gold Premium Modeling Mask(x2) ($20) &
Mixing Bowl w/Spatula ($10) Deco-mail pictograms of Heart

This gold Shangpree mask was the spoiler item of the box, and the one that made me sign up for the box in the first place! I couldn't help it, it looked like so much fun! This is a wash-off mask that contains gold and nourishing Asian botanicals to provide long-lasting moisture while removing impurities and rejuvinating the skin. This is so fancy pants, I can't cope. It comes with a cute little bowl and spatula set that is non-toxic and antibacterial, designed for easy and sanitary use of the mask. And it's reusable! デコメ of emoticons (> зU * 艸 ●) I'm so excited to use this, I love the novelty of it!


Each box brings two foil packets, one that contains the gold gel and another that contains an active collagen powder. All you have to do is mix them together and slather it on your face, and wait til it dries to peel it off. So fancy.

To use: Mix [1] Gold Gel and [2] Active Collagen Powder together. Spread evenly over the face and apply to cleansed and toned skin using the antimicrobial gold bowl and spatula included in this box, specially designed for easy and sanitary application of modeling masks. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Peel it off in one piece. Optional to follow up with skincare regimen.

Deco-mail pictograms of Heart Shangpree Bitgoa Hue Essence Toner 
Travel Size ($12.50) Deco-mail pictograms of Heart

This little travel-sized toner is also from Shangpree, and contains fermented extracts of lotus, soybean, pumpkin, rice, pomegranate, milk, and rye, as well as ginseng root. It's like putting a whole meal on your face! This toner/essence balances pH while boosting hydration, resulting in smoother, brighter, more balanced skin. According to Peach and Lily, the fermented ingredients break down extracts into smaller particles to help better penetrate the skin, allowing the ingredients to be much more effective. I'm very excited to use this, so I'm going to use it as an essence and add it to my skincare routine as soon as possible! Deco-mail pictograms of Rilakkuma The only thing I don't like is that you have to shake the bottle to get the product out, and I prefer pumps.

To use: After cleansing the skin, pat dry. Apply 1-2 pumps of the toner to a cotton pad. Using the cotton pad, sweep over the entire face. Allow the toner to be completely absorbed before moving to the next step. Use during morning and evening skincare regimens. 

Deco-mail pictograms of Heart Skin Inc. Custom Blended Soothing Serum ($45) Deco-mail pictograms of Heart

Skin Inc. is a Japanese brand located in Singapore that allows customers the flexibility to create their own boosted serums to target their specific skincare concerns. Their serums are great for all skin types, because they stand by the philosophy that everyone's skin is unique and therefore has unique needs. All of the serums contain hyaluronic acid, which can hold up to 1000x its weight in moisture and helps to hydrate and plump the skin. I received the soothing serum, and the other options were a brightening serum and an anti-aging serum. While I wish I had gotten the brightening serum, the soothing serum was the next one that I would have wanted to receive, since my skin is always cranky and irritated from the sticky Miami heat.  The soothing serum is designed to deeply hydrate and soothe dry and sensitive skin, and contains four different types of ceramides to help strengthen the skin's protective barrier.  None of Skin Inc.'s serums fragrances or parabens. I think this serum looks so cool; I love when products have moisture beads or whatnot suspended in them. I have no idea why. But I love it. image I wonder why the bottle seems a quarter empty, though. I don't know if I'd pay $45 for a tiny little bottle of serum that isn't even completely full.

Deco-mail pictograms of Heart Dr. Dream Rose Line Mild Natured Powder Cleanser ($52) Deco-mail pictograms of Heart

Dr. Dream is one of the largest and leading plastic surgery clinics in Korea. The Rose line by Dr. Dream is a line that uses rose stem cells and soothing rose water to reveal clearer, youthful, dewy skin. This is a powder-form, hypoallergenic cleanser that contains no artificial colors, preservatives, or sulfates. Cornstarch and enzymes from papain gently cleanse the skin while sloughing away dead skin cells. This is the first time I've used a powder cleanser, so I'll have to play around with it a bit to get it to the right pH, which is around 5.5-6 for me. You just add a bit of water and mix, so this is great for traveling since there's no liquid that could potentially spill everywhere.  This cleanser is pretty pricey, so I'm excited to see how well this will work!

To use: Just add a few drops of water onto a teaspoon size portion of product in your hands, massage gently into the skin, and rinse with lukewarm water.

Deco-mail pictograms of Heart COSRX Applezone Power Patch ($13) Deco-mail pictograms of Heart

I love seeing COSRX products! COSRX is an emerging Korean beauty brand, and they've been gaining a lot of attention lately for having highly effective products with great ingredients. These eye patches are to be used on the "apple zone" of the face, which is the T-shaped area from the highest point of the cheekbone just beneath the eyes to just before the jawline, as you can see on the cute little sun picture on the package.  Apparently, this area of the face can get easily dehydrated and is often exposed to irritants like UV rays and pollutants. I can actually attest to this, because since I'm rarely seen without my glasses, the area of skin where my glasses rests on my face is a bit more irritated than the rest of that area, so hopefully these eye patches will work some magic on my tired apple zone! These are used just as a regular sheet mask is used, so after cleansing/toning and during the part of your routine when you would apply any essences or serums. デコメ image of Pic

To use: After cleansing and toning skin, remove and discard the white film from the patch and apply the patch just under the eyes to the tops of the cheekbones. Remove after 20-30 minutes and tap remaining essence into skin.

Deco-mail pictograms of Heart Be The Skin Moisture Natural Cleansing Soap in "Calendula" ($19.50) & Shangpree Cleansing Gel and Crystal BB Cream Samples ($0.75ea) Deco-mail pictograms of Heart

I was pretty happy when I saw this all-natural Calendula bar soap in my Seoulcialite box! There were three different types of Be The Skin bar soaps that customers could have received: Rose, Calendula, and Charcoal. I would have been fine with any of them, but I'm glad I received the Calendula one because it contains Calendula and Licorice extract to help combat eczema, dermatitis, and scarring. My skin loves licorice extract. Deco-mail pictograms favorite polka ♪ These soaps are handmade and 100% certified organic, free of chemical preservatives, artificial colors, and artificial fragrances, so they're perfect for all skin types, especially sensitive skin like mine.

To use: Lather bar with water in your palms until you have a nice thick foam to massage into your skin. Wash off with lukewarm water.

Also included were a couple of samples from Shangpree, the S-Energy Cleansing Gel and the Crystal BB Cream.

Deco-mail pictograms of Heart Ciracle Jeju Volcanic Pore-Tightening Mask ($4) Deco-mail pictograms of Heart

Yay, sheet mask! This is the Jeju Volcanic Pore-Tightening Mask from Ciracle, and it contains purifying Jeju volcanic clay, clarifying binchotan charcoal powder, mineral-rich Jeju seawater, and Ciracle's pore-tightening serum to remove impurities while tightening pores and moisturizing skin. My skin loves clay and charcoal ingredients, so I'm very happy I received this! I also have insanely large pores on my nose and cheeks, so hopefully this will help tackle that problem. 

To use: After cleansing and toning skin, gently remove the sheet mask from the sealed pouch without pulling or tearing the material. Unfold the mask and lay over your face making sure to align with eyes, nose, and mouth. Smooth over your skin and leave on for up to 20 minutes. Remove and discard the sheet mask and then pat the remaining essence into your skin. Follow up with the remaining steps of your skincare regimen.

Deco-mail pictograms of Heart Final Verdict Deco-mail pictograms of Heart

The Peach and Lily Seoulcialite 2.0 Box cost me $49 and had a total retail value of $177.50. This box was a hit for me, as someone who is relatively new to Asian beauty. I really love the novelty of the Rose cleanser and the Shangpree masks. I also love serums and essences, and this box was chock full of 'em. However, it does seem a little... light for $49. A lot of these products are travel size or one-use only, and I expected a greater number of full sized products from a box with such a hefty price tag. That being said, all of these products are so interesting and fun, and I'm glad I received products from a lot of brands that I've never heard before. Plus, many of them are free from nasty preservatives and potential irritants.  The curation was amazing; I think Peach and Lily picked out a lot of really unique and high-end products, so I was still very happy with the outcome regardless. I'm not too certain if I will get the next Seoulcialite box, but this was definitely a fun and interesting experience.

For awesome, innovative Asian beauty products and brands, you can visit Peach and Lily's website HERE


Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions on this blog are strictly my own. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review, although this blog does accept goods and/or services for the purposes of an honest review. Posts may contain affiliate or referral links.

No comments

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon