Beauty Tag!


Hey there! I've decided that since beauty is a large part of what this blog is about, I'll do a beauty tag! I googled some tag questions, so I'll post them below and I hope you enjoy!

  1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
Once in the morning and once at night. I double cleanse using an oil cleanser (currently Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Oil) and then again with a foaming cleanser.

      2.  What skin type do you have (dry, oily, or combination, etc.)?

I have combination skin - oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks, and my skin is dehydrated as well. So many issues to tackle. image

      3.  What is your current facial wash?

Right now I'm using the Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser, but I'm making the switch to the Hada Labo Gokujyun Foaming Wash.

      4.  Do you exfoliate?

I do every day (or sometimes every other day, depending on how my skin feels) with low concentration BHA/AHAs.

      5.  What brand do you use?

Right now I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, and Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel. I also use Baviphat Peach All-in-One Peeling Gel once a week.

     6.   What moisturizer do you use?

Right now I'm using the Naobay Oxygenating moisturizer, and at night I'll use either the Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask or the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack for extra moisture.

     7.  Do you have freckles?

Nope.デコメ heart emoticons, cute, love, pink, red

     8.  Do you use eye cream?

Sometimes, if I remember to. Right now I have the Mizon Returning Starfish eye cream (which I'll be reviewing soon) and the Mizon Snail Repair eye cream, and I'll use them a few times a week if I remember.

     9.  Do you or did you have acne prone skin?

I used to have pretty bad acne as a teen, nothing cystic or bacterial but I did get my fair share of angry, red pimples. Now, I'll usually get one or two at a time. Although right now I'm breaking out pretty badly around my mouth/chin, which is where I usually get them. 

     10.  Have you ever used ProActiv?

Haha, nope. Luckily for me, because I've read so many horrible things about how it dries out your skin! 

     11.  What foundation do you use?

I use the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Fluid Foundation in R210. I'm going to hopefully do a review on a few MUFE products soon!

     12.  How about concealer?

I don't use concealer all that often, I think I have a drugstore one that I'll bring out if I really need to cover something up (a Maybelline one, I think?).

     13.  Do you know your undertone color?

I have pink undertones. 

     14.  What do you think of fake eyelashes?

I love them! But they're impractical for me, because I wear glasses all the time. Plus, they're kind of a pain to put on.

     15.  Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every three months?

I do, and I try to buy new tubes regularly...if I remember. 

     16.  What brand of mascara do you use?

I'm using the Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara at the moment, but I also love the Benefit They're Real! mascara. I like to try out a bunch of different mascaras, and don't usually stick to one kind.

     17.  Sephora or MAC?

Why not both?!

     18.  Describe your favorite mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?

I'm not picky about my mascara, as long as it isn't clumpy and makes my lashes black and voluminous, we're good. But I already have long lashes, so I don't need a lot in the way of lengthening.

     19.  What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?

Pretty much just brushes and my fingers, although I'm looking to buy a beauty blender soon.

     20.  Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?

Absolutely, I have super oily lids and if I don't use a primer before applying anything, it'll just melt off eventually.

     21.  For the face?

Sometimes. I use a Korean sunscreen (Shiseido Senka SPF50 sunscreen) that acts really well as a primer, but sometimes I'll use some Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer. I also like the Benefit Porefessional Primer!

     22.  What is your favorite eye shadow (color or shade)?

I really love smoky, dark shadows, and anything matte. 

     23.  Do you use pencil or liquid liner?

Both, but I prefer liquid liner. I use pencil liner first, and then go over again with liquid liner so that it lasts on my oily lids. I also use pencil liner on my lower lash line.

     24.  How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?

Like...never? I do end up poking myself with my mascara wand though, by putting it too close to my lash line. image And then it gets all over my lids. I suck at mascara.

     25.  What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?

I love them! I was I had the skill and finesse to apply loose shadow, but they're so messy I wind up getting it everywhere. Maybe one day!

     26.  Do you use mineral makeup?

Sometimes. Right now I'm using yourMinerals Transparent Veil Setting Powder, and I love it!

     27.  What's your favorite lipstick?

Anything that's bold! I've been loving deep, blood-reds lately.

     28.  How about lip gloss?

I hate lip gloss, generally. It just feels sticky and uncomfortable and weird. デコメの画像(プリ画像)

     29.  What is your favorite blush?

I suffer from a lot of redness, so I normally don't use blush. But when I do, anything that's really light and subtle is right up my alley.

     30.  Do you buy makeup on ebay?

No, but I have on Amazon. Although I prefer shopping Sephora or Ulta online.

     31.  Do you like drug store makeup?

Yes! I think some drugstore brands, such as Rimmel London, Maybelline, and Revlon have some pretty good products for being drugstore. Plus, I love experimenting and it would be way too expensive to buy everything high-end.

     32.  Do you go to CCOs? (Cosmetic Company Outlets)

Um...no?

     33. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?

Not really, I learn pretty much everything I know from blogs/Youtube. But I think it would be really fun to do in my spare time if I had some extra cash.

     34.  Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?

I have a pretty steady hand, but I do tend to rush and that makes my makeup come out looking wonky sometimes.

     35.  Name a makeup crime that you hate.

Ugh! Okay. Clumpy spider lashes. When someone's foundation is too dark/light for their face. Obviously overdrawn lips. When people don't blend. White eyeliner. The list goes on.

     36. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eye shadow, etc.) or neutral tones?

It depends on my mood, but I generally prefer color!

     37.  Which celebrity always has great makeup?

I don't really notice celebrity makeup that often. I like the way Melanie Martinez does her makeup though. She's kind of a celebrity.

     38.  If you could leave the house with just one makeup item, what would you use?

Definitely foundation. I could skimp on everything else as long as my skin looks clear!

     39.  Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?

I often do, but I secretly hope I don't run into anyone I know. 

     40.  Do you think you look good without any makeup on?

If I'm being honest, not really. I have a lot of redness/PIH, I have really dark under eye circles and my skin is kind of splotchy. My boyfriend says I have amazing skin, but I think he's lying or blind.

     41.  In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?

I'm not loyal to just one line, because I like to have a variety of different products from different brands.

     42.  Do you remember your first makeup item?

HA, I do. They were some colorful eyeliner pencils from Hot Topic that my best friend gifted me in 9th grade. I had all the colors, red, blue, green, purple. I walked around with red-rimmed eyes looking like a drug addict for months. Cringe. 

     43.  What kind of coverage do you prefer from your foundation?

Light to medium coverage. Full coverage makeup makes my skin feel caked on and uncomfortable, but it also depends on the occasion or event I'm attending.

     44.  What cosmetic brands have you wanted to try but still haven't?

Oh, there's so many! Bobbie Brown, Chanel, NARS... the list goes on!

     45.  How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get a bunch of goodies at once?

It depends. I love hauls, but then again I don't love the way my wallet feels after hauls. image So I try to really think about how much I need/want a product before I buy.

     46.  Do you have a beauty budget or do you spend freely?

Does anyone spend freely when shopping?! Because if so, I'd like to be that person.

     47.  What type of product do you buy the most of?

Probably lipsticks/lip products, and although not makeup, anything skincare related.

     48.  Do you avoid certain products in cosmetics such as parabens or sulfates?

If a product doesn't have these ingredients, then great! But it isn't a deal breaker for me if they're in there.

     49.  Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup/skincare products?

For makeup, I love Sephora and Ulta, as well as Amazon. For skincare, anywhere! But my favorite places are Amazon, RoseRose Shop, and Jolse.

     50.  How many hair products do you use on a typical day?

Hair is the part of my routine that I work the least on. I'll use a leave-in conditioning spray or some coconut oil, straighten the front, and then let my natural waves be free. I'm slowly working on being dye-free and letting it go back to my natural blonde color.



1 comment

Cute Polka Dotted Red Bow Tie Ribbon